• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official GameDay Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He ain't average. We have a below average TE and a trash tier TE. One making average starter money and the other making low level starter/high end backup money.

Whatever you say...as long as it makes you feel better. It's really not even worth arguing.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Ok.  You have your view, and you believe it is more fair and objective than mine.  Congrats.

You want to give him two years.  Cool.  See you in two years and let's see who is closer to being right.

You can come up with a plan and follow it through to see if it's successful or you can jump ship when poo starts going sideways and make knee jerk reactions and decision not based in facts and evidence.

No matter if Bryce turns out to be legit or not I'd much rather follow a path that would allow me to see if I'm wrong or right.

It's the reason for your opinion and what you've decided supports that opinion that I have the most problem with.

We traded everything away for beans.

Not even magical ones.

There's no beanstalk. This ain't no fairy tale.

We are the worst team in the league and so much worse than we were last year at this time. And we sucked then.

And we traded away our first round draft pick in the process.

Woof. 

If we just took a 12-week bye, do you think anyone would notice?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're full of it. On what planet is this about what I want?

Young QBs need experience, period, that's the ONLY way that most of them get materially better. 

It would be beyond stupid to start your first round pick, and then after six games go back to a journeyman who isn't good enough (that's why he's a journeyman), unless you're giving up on your guy. 

You make no sense whatsoever.

If you want some wins and build confidence with the rest of the team, then yes, it's fine to sit a rookie QB for some time.  College teams bench under-performing starting QBs all the time.  Somehow in the NFL it's more acceptable to keep banging your head against a brick wall just in the name of getting experience?

21 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People arguing is hilarious. It's week 6.

If you haven't figured out we are the worst team in the league now then you just don't get it. We should all be agreeing with each other. There is nothing positive we can say about this team.

The indisputable truth.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

If you want some wins and build confidence with the rest of the team, then yes, it's fine to sit a rookie QB for some time.  College teams bench under-performing starting QBs all the time.  Somehow in the NFL it's more acceptable to keep banging your head against a brick wall just in the name of getting experience?

Seriously? Bryce wasn’t great but he sure was good in this game. Maybe look at defense, offensive line after the 1st quarter,  and play calling if you want to find something to blame.

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

Seriously? Bryce wasn’t great but he sure was good in this game. Maybe look at defense, offensive line after the 1st quarter,  and play calling if you want to find something to blame.

I blame the team. Bryce is on the team.  He's the starting QB and lead us to a whopping 14 points.  There's a trend here being we can't stretch the field and teams realize that.  He's not solely to blame, but he can't be held blameless either.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I missed the game today because I was driving the family back from a weekend trip. Glancing through this thread from where we came out hot to where we struggled was sad to see. We desperately need a win and I know I’m stating the obvious. I’m just seeing so many people get excited with “best drive of the year” “No 1 pick type of control of the offense” “great throw” “Bryce came to play today.” Us fans are just looking for some sign of hope/life from this team. I hope something happens this bye week and we come off it with a home win against Houston. Lord knows we need it and deserve it as fans through all of this.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I missed the game today because I was driving the family back from a weekend trip. Glancing through this thread from where we came out hot to where we struggled was sad to see. We desperately need a win and I know I’m stating the obvious. I’m just seeing so many people get excited with “best drive of the year” “No 1 pick type of control of the offense” “great throw” “Bryce came to play today.” Us fans are just looking for some sign of hope/life from this team. I hope something happens this bye week and we come off it with a home win against Houston. Lord knows we need it and deserve it as fans through all of this.

This is going to piss a lot of people off, but we are going to have to-full tilt-invest in the run game.  Play action is the only way this passing attack is going to get any life to it.  We've got to make teams condense the box in order for any of our WRs (not named Adam Thielen) to get open and less bodies in secondary to account for giving Bryce easier throws.

Until we can get the rushing attack in high gear, our passing game will continue to suffer.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Loyalty4Life said:

You can come up with a plan and follow it through to see if it's successful or you can jump ship when poo starts going sideways and make knee jerk reactions and decision not based in facts and evidence.

No matter if Bryce turns out to be legit or not I'd much rather follow a path that would allow me to see if I'm wrong or right.

It's the reason for your opinion and what you've decided supports that opinion that I have the most problem with.

Ok.  I understand that.  But we've also seen enough football in our lifetimes to see enough examples of seeing players demonstrate time and again that they are not NFL starter material. Now, how often did franchises waste years of assets and resources trying everything in their power to make that not the case once they clearly saw the mistake they made, making the hole they already were in deeper and deeper?

Brother, we have a former Pro Bowler in Chark, a damn good proven receiver in Thielen, a 2nd rounder invested in Mingo, and all of that was invested this year to help Bryce.  As soon as Bryce started to show signs of struggle, Chark and Thielen all of sudden were horrible according to the masses at the sacrificial altar of Bryce.  The poo is ridiculous.  Then I pointed out Thielen is the best slot statistically in the league, and you say it's further evidence the rest of the cast is part of the problem.  You think me pointing out his struggles is biased, but you literally, despite using objective language, are biased skewing in favor of Bryce, and that's evident in the discussion about Thielen and the supporting cast...  with all due respect.

So, while I understand the process and letting it play out, the facts are, we have already poured a ton of resources into this project.  We already completely pushed all of our chips in the table and sold out to make things as optimal as we could for Bryce coming into his rookie year.  And now all of a sudden our OL sucks ass?  Our receivers suck ass?  Our RBs are ass?  Everything is ass but Bryce.  I understand he is a rookie, but we're seeing him struggle with basic things you expect of a starting-level QB in the NFL despite all of the resources our franchise has poured into making him successful as a rookie.  That is not encouraging at all.  And despite babysteps made in his development, we have not had one "Ah-Ha" moment where collectively we can all say, "now that is why we drafted him #1 overall!"

So yes, we can give him two full years, but when a guy can't make basic NFL throws because he lacks the ability to, that has nothing to do with the staff or talent around him.  If you try ten times, I expect you to come close at least once, and he doesn't...  that doesn't come with time or development.  The stuff he is missing is evident because you either can do it from day one, or you can't.  AR and Stroud might not test well, and they might not have the greatest anticipation ever, but if a guy flashes open 25 yards downfield, they can get it to him with the flick of a wrist and complete it.  Bryce cannot and has not.  And when defenses play you like you can't, that tends to make everything else harder- they get super aggressive with blitzes and load the box on the run because they don't have to defend anything 20+ yards downfield or anything on the sidelines...  so by default, him playing puts us at a disadvantage because defense don't have to play the entire field and essentially can compress it down to 15 x 15 yard box bases off the throws he is comfortable and capable of making.  This is evident in his passing charts.  It's fact.  And yet, we have people blaming everyone but him for why every facet of our offense looks so dysfunctional.  It is incredible the amount of denial in defense of him.  

Again, I wanted him to succeed regardless if I wanted him to eb the pick or not, because our success was dependent on his success.  I would be fuging ecstatic if he miraculously turned it around and found Mike's secret stuff over the bye week and came out looking like what we wanted and expect from a #1 overall pick...  hell, I'd even settle for a 4th round pick at this point.  But, again,all of the red flags are there that this is trending to be a bust.  

But ok...  give him two years so we can see more of what most who have watched football their whole lives already know.  Again, I would love to be wrong, and would be the first to happily admit I am if he could turn it around...  but I'm confident that he won't because of what we're seeing.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I blame the team. Bryce is on the team.  He's the starting QB and lead us to a whopping 14 points.  There's a trend here being we can't stretch the field and teams realize that.  He's not solely to blame, but he can't be held blameless either.

A stellar QB can’t  make this team a winner. Not without WRs and not without a defense that doesn’t allow 42 points.

For comparison SF was undefeated with an excellent QB in Purdy. They lost to Cleveland today, Purdy was 12/27 for 125 yds with 1 TD AND 1 Int.

Bryce Young was 23/38 217 yds 1TD and 0 Int.

Bryce is not part of the reason the Panthers lost today.

Edited by DavidEng

29 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

A stellar QB can’t  make this team a winner. Not without WRs and not without a defense that doesn’t allow 42 points.

For comparison SF was undefeated with an excellent QB in Purdy. They lost to Cleveland today, Purdy was 12/27 for 125 yds with 1 TD AND 1 Int.

Bryce Young was 23/38 217 yds 1TD and 0 Int.

Bryce is not part of the reason the Panthers lost today.

Before this game, bryce had legitimately contributed to all the losses with costly turnovers and literally help spotting the other team points and fans STILL said he wasn't part of the reason.

At this point this statement doesn't accomplish anything.