• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich handing over playcalling to Brown

UNCrules2187

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

He is here for another season unless we lose out but I serious A)doubt we lose out and B)tepper would pull the plug that quickly for so many reasons mainly bryces development.

If Tepper really wanted a win, he'd tell Frank to start Dalton.  It's not about wins right now rather than developing Young and to prove to everyone that Bryce was the correct choice HE made.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Also remember guys, Frank said from the jump that he would "initially" be calling the plays and would hand it over to Brown at "some point." There wasn't a specific date when the baton would be handed off, but obviously going into the bye week would make the most sense giving the offense 2 weeks to get used to the adjustments. 

that was just coach speak for quit asking me IMO.  Frank was blasted at Indy on his way out and was a hot topic coming in. 

because the rational he was using was he would get the O up and performing well and THEN might  hand it over.  Not have it be dumpster fire and then toss it to Brown. 

Frank has already let us know how ticked and involved Tepper is.  Just seems like Tepper doing what Frank essentially let us know Tepper would be doing. 

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Remember what sold Tepper was the list of coaches Frank said he would bring in.  Frank didn't get all the guys he wanted and had some plan B's and C's, but yeah, he had his staff pretty much assembled on paper.

Gotta remember, Tepper is El Diablo. You are correct about this, just like the dozens of articles talking about how Frank, Fitt and the scouts were all on the same page with Young.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

that was just coach speak for quit asking me IMO.  Frank was blasted at Indy on his way out and was a hot topic coming in. 

because the rational he was using was he would get the O up and performing well and THEN might  hand it over.  Not have it be dumpster fire and then toss it to Brown. 

Frank has already let us know how ticked and involved Tepper is.  Just seems like Tepper doing what Frank essentially let us know Tepper would be doing. 

LOl, at the irrationality of the Huddle.  When we are STILL a dumpster fire once Brown takes over, where will the fingers be pointed then?  Josh McCown, the waterboy, the turf field???

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

LOl, at the irrationality of the Huddle.  When we are STILL a dumpster fire once Brown takes over, where will the fingers be pointed then?  Josh McCown, the waterboy, the turf field???

Well, that the name of the game in the NFL.  When it gets bad....it becomes about fall guys and blame shifting.   Been that way for years. 

I think Fitt rightfully goes at some point this season personally. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Or never. His hand may have been forced here. 

Not throwing a bunch of screens to Thielen. Using Laviska more. Taking Zavala out of the lineup. Taking Ian out of the lineup as a pass catcher and using Tremble more. All changes are improving the offense, but they were forced on him. I'm getting a Rivera vibe with him. 

Yes you are correct, Frank was forced to do this because much like RR he is stubborn and too slow to make necessary changes.

47 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Also remember guys, Frank said from the jump that he would "initially" be calling the plays and would hand it over to Brown at "some point." There wasn't a specific date when the baton would be handed off, but obviously going into the bye week would make the most sense giving the offense 2 weeks to get used to the adjustments. 

Finally some logic on the Huddle. The idea that a 1st time offensive coordinator who's never called plays before might get a few weeks to acclimate to the job before being thrust into play calling duties seems pretty logical. And that the bye week, where he'll have 2 weeks to prepare and install his scheme would be the obvious time.

I realize the offense couldn't be much worse so far, but last time we took for granted our wunderkind new OC would be immediately ready to transform our offense from jump street, we got Joe Brady. 

I'm excited to see what Brown will do and it can't be much worse. But he's still working with the same raggedy Oline, meager receiving corp and rookie qb taking more than his fair share of lumps.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Finally some logic on the Huddle. The idea that a 1st time offensive coordinator who's never called plays before might get a few weeks to acclimate to the job before being thrust into play calling duties seems pretty logical. And that the bye week, where he'll have 2 weeks to prepare and install his scheme would be the obvious time.

I realize the offense couldn't be much worse so far, but last time we took for granted our wunderkind new OC would be immediately ready to transform our offense from jump street, we got Joe Brady. 

I'm excited to see what Brown will do and it can't be much worse. But he's still working with the same raggedy Oline, meager receiving corp and rookie qb taking more than his fair share of lumps.

Come on man! We lead the NFC South in scoring offense!