• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr. Tepper’s dream came true…. He made the Pat McAfee Show….

TheBigKat

29 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The target demo is 18-40 so I get why many on this board don’t get the show.

I’m not sure how Pat rubs folks here so wrong that they act like it’s some travesty to listen to his podcast while simultaneously pitching other trash tier podcasts and YouTube shows… while also coming here to the forum to read our poo takes lol

• Pie 4

Pat McAfee is great. His podcast is easier to listen to than most because it's more natural imo. It sounds like what a lot of guys sound like sitting around watching a game or watching SportsCenter. It's just sports talk with the boys. The little in-jokes and recurring bits can be a barrier for newer folks though, so I get how that can just seem obnoxious.

The fact that ESPN is trying very hard to now have more McAfee-esque segments is telling. The fact that McAfee was allowed to continue his format after coming to ESPN for the first part of his show and not change anything except for the vulgarity is also telling.

Haters gonna hate. He ain't for everybody but to act like it's objectively bad while he pulls numbers most personalities could only dream of is kinda funny.

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

Did that lad get banned who used to talk about Tepper and the Appaloosa model all the time? I can’t remember his username but I haven’t seen him around a ton. 

Thankfully so.

He retired to clean and massage Tepper's scrotum.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m not sure how Pat rubs folks here so wrong that they act like it’s some travesty to listen to his podcast while simultaneously pitching other trash tier podcasts and YouTube shows… while also coming here to the forum to read our poo takes lol

His bro brah poo grates on me but the guy understands his demographic. The sports media demographic and the bro brah demographic Venn diagram has a lot of overlap.

He's a helluva lot better than the Skip Bayless/Stephen A Smith/Jim Rome/Colin Cowherd ilk. 

With that said, other than clips posted here I don't really pay any attention to any of them.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His bro brah poo grates on me but the guy understands his demographic. The sports media demographic and the bro brah demographic Venn diagram has a lot of overlap.

He's a helluva lot better than the Skip Bayless/Stephen A Smith/Jim Rome/Colin Cowherd ilk. 

With that said, other than clips posted here I don't really pay any attention to any of them.

I think he’s the best thing that’s happened to sports talk in a long time

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Some people love being a contrarian.

It's just another ESPN show which have been hard for me to stomach for years. Lots of same stuff but he doesn’t wear a suit or sit at a desk. Some like it and some think it's more noise in a long line of the same. I honestly thought it was just a youtube channel by the quality of production.

There is a clear reason that network has been dumping talent for a while with declining viewership. Still strong but not what is was years ago. It's down 24% from 10 years ago so the fact people don't perfer it might not be because of age but purely preference.

Just now, Waldo said:

It's just another ESPN show which have been hard for me to stomach for years. Lots of same stuff but he doesn’t wear a suit or sit at a desk. Some like it and some think it's more noise in a long line of the same. I honestly thought it was just a youtube channel by the quality of production.

There is a clear reason that network has been dumping talent for a while with declining viewership. Still strong but not what is was years ago. It's down 24% from 10 years ago so the fact people don't perfer it might not be because of age but purely preference.

yeah, he was just a YouTube channel. Still is. ESPN purchased the rights to co-broadcast an hour or so of his daily show because his little YouTube show was kicking their @ss.

Just now, Tbe said:

yeah, he was just a YouTube channel. Still is. ESPN purchased the rights to co-broadcast an hour or so of his daily show because his little YouTube show was kicking their @ss.

I don't doubt it. He has fans and they are on a slow death track wirh some serious cash in the flow still.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

McAfee is so hard to watch. What I could sit through was spot on.

He has the hottest podcast in sports right now. He's already all over ESPN.

Wish he didn't sell  his soul to ESPN. He could have had his own brand built from the ground up. He didn't need ESPN but chose them anyway. Now he's going to be working 24/7 like Stephen A Smith.

These guys well paid, but damn they have very little time to have a normal day and relax. Money talks though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

As much as we give him poo, if you were the owner would you be completely hands off? You don’t pay billions for a team to have a suite. 

Hell no I wouldn't be hands off but I wouldn't be in the draft room on the phone line with every prospect prodding my GM and coach to pick this or that guy or make this trade up because even though I flap my gills a ton here I am not a GM. I would hire someone who has been in that position and has had success to find me the people who don't need me in their ear.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

As much as we give him poo, if you were the owner would you be completely hands off? You don’t pay billions for a team to have a suite. 

you park billions into a sports team so your net worth grows.   That is why Tepper is here.   That is purpose and priority #1.   professional sports teams have been fantastic investment vehicles for folks the last several decades.   It just financial diversification for the mega wealthy.