• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Talk second round WR prospects...

micnificent28

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Yes its all doom and gloom and missing out on generational talents like Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison(baby randy moss)jr sucks. But only the back end this is a very good Draft class. 2 guys who could be there in the second round at the top i really like or if we trade up at the end of the first.

I haven't gotten to look at everyone but I always start with my favorite team  Florida State. and Man we got 2 good ones Which is rare at FSU. Keon Coleman a tranfer from Michigan State has been unreal. 3 touchdown catches  day 1 in first game Vs sec power LSU..

guy is 6'4 and Is great after the catch to the point he returns punts which is rare for wr. I mean this was last week this guy is ridiculous might not be there in the second round.

On the other end.. I know this is going to scare panthers fans but think Kelvin Benjamin but faster.   Johnny Wilson is Batman or robin to coleman.  At 6'7 hes taller than Benjamin and doesnt seem to lack speed.

Wilson needs to work on consistency but his talent isnt to be underestimated. These 2 guys basically take turns mossing smaller DBs... Want to know why FSU is undefeated? these 2 guys(and qb travis)

While I hate not having a first the future is bright...

Do you honestly think Keon will be there in the 2nd? 

I'm tired of constantly looking for these super elite WRs. Are they nice to have? Sure. But a 5th round comp rookie just set the record for catches because he just gets open. KC has no real WR1 and they're killing it in the passing game. What matters is being able to get separation from the defender. That's what we need to be chasing. Forget about having a WR1. If you have 4 guys that can be WR1 any given week, defenses are going to have a much harder time keying in on any one player. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm tired of constantly looking for these super elite WRs. Are they nice to have? Sure. But a 5th round comp rookie just set the record for catches because he just gets open. KC has no real WR1 and they're killing it in the passing game. What matters is being able to get separation from the defender. That's what we need to be chasing. Forget about having a WR1. If you have 4 guys that can be WR1 any given week, defenses are going to have a much harder time keying in on any one player. 

Umm KC has Kelce and you definitely need a #1 WR in todays league. You need a consistent WR who can give you 100 yards every game. This #2/#3 WR thing doesn't work. I have no idea why we thought it would be a good idea to trade our only legit weapon on offense in DJ Moore especially when we were drafting a QB at #1.

I get your point about needing WR's who can create seperation, but the truth is most of those guys are #1 WR's anyway. I rather just get that #1 guy and be done with it. We seen what Moore did week after week he was a consistent threat. I miss having that reliable WR we could trust to show up on Sunday.

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Umm KC has Kelce and you definitely need a #1 WR in todays league. You need a consistent WR who can give you 100 yards every game. This #2/#3 WR thing doesn't work. I have no idea why we thought it would be a good idea to trade our only legit weapon on offense in DJ Moore especially when we were drafting a QB at #1.

I get your point about needing WR's who can create seperation, but the truth is most of those guys are #1 WR's anyway. I rather just get that #1 guy and be done with it. We seen what Moore did week after week he was a consistent threat. I miss having that reliable WR we could trust to show up on Sunday.

A lot of the top receiving threats in the NFL aren't 1st round picks.

Tyreek Hill - 5th round

Davante Adams - 2nd

AJ Brown  - 2nd

Amon Ra St Brown - 4th 

Keenan Allan - 3rd

Cooper Kupp - 3rd

Tee Higgins - 2nd

and you could add Puka if you wanted in the 5th based on what he's already done. 

The list goes on. The one thing that makes all of these guys really special is elite separation. That's what creates a number 1, but you don't have to get them early. You do have to be able to find them though, and Fitts sucks at that. AT is on a pro bowl, possibly all pro pace right now, because even at 33, he can get open consistently. 

If I had to choose between a Chase and 2 JAGs or 3 ATs, I'd take the 3 ATs because they would make it easier on the QB. 3 guys that can get open are better than 1, but that's JMO. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I would consider Samuel a good 2nd round pick.

I Agree... some guy on the first page had him listed with Dwayne Jarrett colbert TMJ and the host of other panther wr 2nd round bust. I don't Think Samuel was that... He consistently got separation. Despite the fact he has never played with a good qb. I would like to see him go to say the eagles or rams somewhere he just has 2 run.

39 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

A lot of the top receiving threats in the NFL aren't 1st round picks.

Tyreek Hill - 5th round

Davante Adams - 2nd

AJ Brown  - 2nd

Amon Ra St Brown - 4th 

Keenan Allan - 3rd

Cooper Kupp - 3rd

Tee Higgins - 2nd

and you could add Puka if you wanted in the 5th based on what he's already done. 

The list goes on. The one thing that makes all of these guys really special is elite separation. That's what creates a number 1, but you don't have to get them early. You do have to be able to find them though, and Fitts sucks at that. AT is on a pro bowl, possibly all pro pace right now, because even at 33, he can get open consistently. 

If I had to choose between a Chase and 2 JAGs or 3 ATs, I'd take the 3 ATs because they would make it easier on the QB. 3 guys that can get open are better than 1, but that's JMO. 

I think Tee Higgins is a realistic target for us in FA.

Im done with the drafting guys. As long as Fitt is here he will choose the wrong WR. Our best chance is in FA to improve our WR core. Throw the bag at Higgins and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I Agree... some guy on the first page had him listed with Dwayne Jarrett colbert TMJ and the host of other panther wr 2nd round bust. I don't Think Samuel was that... He consistently got separation. Despite the fact he has never played with a good qb. I would like to see him go to say the eagles or rams somewhere he just has 2 run.

He's on pace for about 800 yards and 6 TDs this year and I think he'll actually trend up from there with Jahan Dotson starting to look like a bust. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I don't Think Samuel was a bust..  he was as advertised. second rounder= starter.

Learn how to read. 

That's no any bust word on that post, it is just the list of all the 2nd round picked from Panthers history........Jeez...

Edited by WestPanthers