• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I realized about a Burns Trade:

SaltAndPepper

1 hour ago, IndyPanther said:

I'm new here today. Is there a story behind the "poo" thing? I feel like I haven't seen anyone use the word this way anywhere before. And then today I've read it here like 100 times.

Hello and welcome. Pie and poo are the two extremes reactions to posts. Pie is good. Poo is, Poo.  Pied one of your posts (it was a good well thought out statement imo) and pooed the one I am referencing for example purposes only as I mean no ill will. 

Congratulations, you picked an interesting time to join. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Hello and welcome. Pie and poo are the two extremes reactions to posts. Pie is good. Poo is, Poo.  Pied one of your posts (it was a good well thought out statement imo) and pooed the one I am referencing for example purposes only as I mean no ill will. 

I think they mean the actual word “poo” because it autocorrects from the s word when people post it here. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Detroit would be 1 team I look at but we definitely  missed out on trading him 2 separate  times already. To the Rams and to move up for Bryce. We could've possibly kept our 1st next year by including him. 

If you were talking about the Bears that was not in the cards. Bears GM insisted that it would take DJ and a 1st.

2 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

The horrible "s" word is censored to "poo" on this here site

55 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Thanks to both of y'all! I'm surprised I hadn't found the site sooner.

For everyone that takes the rumored Rams trade as gospel (this is the NFL  -it's a rumor/unsubstantiated until it's done), it wasn't going to help us at that time.  Sure, now it looks great - but you also have to consider what you're losing in Burns.  They were offering the '24 and '25 1st round picks.

Burns is still one of the top 10 edge rushers in the NFL, and he's shown improvement in run support.  You can point to his lack of sacks versus the other premium guys, but his win rate is still top 10.  He's also playing on a bad team so there aren't enough opportunities to get after the QB.  He can also do more if he wants to get paid like a top 10 edge guy.  Let's accept that he's probably the most talented player on our team, but he's not showing it.

Given where the Rams are now 3-3 (spot 19 at tankathon), that puts us outside of the top 15, generally when the talent between the 16-45th picks have similar value player by player.  Certainly, having a 1st round pick gives you more ammo to move around and pick up more picks by trading down, but can you replace Burns?  His game is speed and bend.  Those guys do not linger very long.  Looking at some rando top 75 (pff if your curious) - are we getting someone who can replace Burns between 19-33?  Nope, I just don't see it.  Please let me know how wrong I am. 😃

But the Panthers didn't get two draft picks.  Chances are if a winner trades you a first round pick, they are counting on at worst it being a mid-low first round pick.  I just don't think there's the value in trading Burns without anyone here or in the draft who can replace him. 

You still need a pass rushers in the NFL.