• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte trade inquiry

Martin

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

On the one hand, trading him wouldn't be a bad idea for the right price.

On the other hand - I don't trust Fitterer to make good deals or draft good players.

Basically this.

Donte is the biggest playmaker we have in the secondary but he is currently getting paid like a better CB than he actually is. Without Horn and the safeties, he is basically a liability too often. 

I like Donte and I would like to keep him. I just don't think he really moves the needle for our current team. If anything we should be stockpiling picks. 

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Basically this.

Donte is the biggest playmaker we have in the secondary but he is currently getting paid like a better CB than he actually is. Without Horn and the safeties, he is basically a liability too often. 

I like Donte and I would like to keep him. I just don't think he really moves the needle for our current team. If anything we should be stockpiling picks. 

I would argue Troy Hill is a better player and a better playmaker, for a fraction of the price 

• Beer 3

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

Irrelevant.  What other teams value him as would be far more important in this equation.

However, as I said in the other thread, we aren't trading him.  Our depth is terrible and you can't tell your team six games in that you're giving up on the season.

Highly relevant. Both parties and their perceived value of the assets determine if the trade happens. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, shaq said:

We’re talking about this year, Donte has been dog poo. Troy has for sure out played him so far this season

This year alone, yeah. Troy has been better.

Which, we also have to remember that Donte is coming off an Achilles injury. He may simply not be the same player he was before that injury.

• Pie 1