• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, Varking said:

For me it’s not about being a playoff team it’s about doing everything we can week to week to help make Young feel more comfortable. 

yeah there’s this weird narrative of “trading away stuff is how things got so bad”

the front office-either this one or the next- is going to be operating under the practical expectation that this is a young team, not a bad one. 

they need to be building. The only people who believe things should be completely torn down to the foundation are people who had flawed, emotional expectations for where a team with a rookie QB and an entirely new coaching staff should be 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Honestly, i think its just best to wait for FA and the draft as i dont think Bryce as shown worth it to make desperation moves now nor does the direction of the season warrant it but who knows...this team is gonna do bonehead things.

Correct. I think no matter what Bryce is not a franchise QB. Of course give him more time, but don’t trade away more draft capital for a half assed player.  Just let the season play out and wait for the offseason and draft. 

Panthers are 0-6 and have not looked good on offense.  They have a young QB and a WR core who are struggling.  The homeless guy down the street could tell you the Panthers have had discussions with other teams. 

Fitt talks with every team all the time.

I would rather us trade assets that either do not fit with long term plans or who we know/think we can't or won't resign.  If the situation with Burns is he's drawn a line in the sand on salary or if you know you're not resigning Chinn then trade Chinn or get a huge package for Burns if you get the offer for his value.  If not, franchise him and force him to take less money or trade him for his value.

This should not be a fire sale at all.  If you can get at least market value since we are already 0-6 then it smart to take it especially since we have no 1st next year.

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that will forever be the issue. Maybe Morgan just gets the job. 

Morgan has been part of the poo show.  One those boasting about this roster 

I want a new GM.  One that isn’t employed here currently. 

• Beer 2

I could see the rams trying to package Puka and a 1st  for Burns if Aaron Donald gets his way. He has been complaining about  not having others step up on the pass rush note.  Then again they traded Jefferson, so they may of cooled on that possibility. 

Edited by Lurk21

Fitt is doing exactly what he was hired to do.  Get the players the coaches want.

Fitt went from having no say with Rhule to being a consensus builder with Reich and All Star bunch.  If you want him to be a "normal" type of GM where he buys the groceries and the coaches coach, I'd love to see how that would work.  Really.

Fitt isn't the problem or at the very least we don't know he's a problem.  The real problem is Tepper didn't pick a good coach/GM in Rhule when that was the decision how how to build a winning franchise.

Since that went so badly it's only taken a horrible start out of the gate after firing nearly everyone in the building to decide that consensus building and working as a team is a horrible way to build a franchise.

No matter what decisions are made, if you don't win, it looks like a bad choice.  

Giving a coach full control wasn't necessarily a mistake.  It's worked in the past.  Picking Rhule was the giant mistake.

Building consensus as the road to building a team can also be a great way to build a team.  Pay to get the best people in the building and let them decide together.  Pick Reich to put a plan together.

Horrible start to the season but we don't know if this plan is a mistake yet or not.  We will see.