• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The defense is decimated

Jmac

I can't remember a season in which more  starters on defense are on IR or just coming up lame. The offense will have to score 30 a game to have a chance against better teams, and we all know that isn't happening.

One or two wins is the most I am expecting. Just don't lose 17 straight. I don't see them winning much more then that with the shape of the defense.

Very sad state of affairs. Really can't get much worse.

• Poo 1

There wasn't much there in the first place. There was 1 upgrade at safety and they chose to switch the D scheme with so little depth and known player health issues. The last 5 games last year 1 the opponets scored less then 20 points, Saints divisional slap fest, so its not like that unit needing more help wasn't a known thing they mostly ignored or failed to address.

More bad news, the O won't be scoring 30 very often. And it can get worse, it this BS again next year which just seems cruel at this point in this season. 

The good news is that a player or two may establish themselves as decent if they get enough playing time in that mess. Maybe I guess.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

It really is wild how many players we’re missing on that side of the ball.

One of the worst parts about it is our defensive line has been healthy all season, yet we are 31st against the run. Our run defense is just awful.

I have yet to understand why teams pass on us.  Make us stop the run first.

14 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

It really is wild how many players we’re missing on that side of the ball.

One of the worst parts about it is our defensive line has been healthy all season, yet we are 31st against the run. Our run defense is just awful.

Who the hell is 32?? Broncos?

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who the hell is 32?? Broncos?

Yup. At least we’re 9th against the pass (idk how.) Broncos are 32nd against the run and 30th against the pass. Giving up 440 yards a game.

Really makes me frown thinking about how they have 2 wins with that historically bad defense and we have 0.