• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inquiring Teams told Burns not avaiable

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted him to follow Rhule out the door but most had convinced themselves that Rhule was the root of all issues.

To that I say, well... how 'bout now?

I wasn't sure if he was or wasn't the problem. With Rhule being given complete control, there was no way to really tell. I knew we could be in real trouble after rejecting the Burns trade. My suspicions were confirmed on day 2 of the draft we were in trouble. He made the same overreaction panic trade up to acquire a project player that he did when he moved up for MC. May not seem like a huge thing in the grand scheme, but he doesn't seem to have a very good feel for player values and keeping his cool when things don't fall the way you plan. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I wasn't sure if he was or wasn't the problem. With Rhule being given complete control, there was no way to really tell. I knew we could be in real trouble after rejecting the Burns trade. My suspicions were confirmed on day 2 of the draft we were in trouble. He made the same overreaction panic trade up to acquire a project player that he did when he moved up for MC. May not seem like a huge thing in the grand scheme, but he doesn't seem to have a very good feel for player values and keeping his cool when things don't fall the way you plan. 

I knew all I needed to know simply based on the deal he was willing to take. No legit GM candidate is taking a job in title only to be the wet nurse and rubber stamp for a college coach. Seeing him operate as the legit GM tells me that he was a big part of the problem himself. This coaching staff may not be what we expected it to be, but they also aren't THIS bad. This roster absolutely doesn't fit what they're trying to do. I blame them for not better adjusting to it, but the talent is a significant issue.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He can't afford to trade him after turning down that Rams deal. We're not getting that type of offer again and if he was traded for less (likely considerably less)Fitts knows it would get thrown in his face immediately and loudly.

I want that to be true but if he is just a yes man for Tepper then he isn't really in immediate danger until Tepper says otherwise. If he gave a crap about what the media or fans say then he wouldn't do most of the stuff he has in his tenure as the GM. All signs still point to them being in the same mindset as when they set this mess up, at least to me until they do something that shows they are changing course. I still expect he is selling clueless Tepper on this all being easily fixable lol. 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted him to follow Rhule out the door but most had convinced themselves that Rhule was the root of all issues.

To that I say, well... how 'bout now?

He was absolutely part of the issue and got way too many passes.

26 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

What the fug??? Does this team not undertow vest way we can get better is to ship off our best player??? 

Everyone does it and is highly successful!!!

Oh my gosh, what a bunch of idiots we have running this team, and it all starts with that jackals tepper, because he wants to win so bad. He can't help himself but to higher idiots!! 

/huddle rage

Lol. This is not huddle rage. It’s amazing that after proven wrong you have to post this in a completely different thread.

Detroit, Miami, Jacksonville and the Jets have all made star player for multiple firsts/tanking moves in the past 3-4 years and all of them have gotten better and 3 of them look like potential perennial playoff contenders. Jets just haven’t had QB luck but they are still a better team. We, on the other hand have been handing out picks like candy and not committing to a rebuild. Guess who’s the worst team of the 5?

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I knew all I needed to know simply based on the deal he was willing to take. No legit GM candidate is taking a job in title only to be the wet nurse and rubber stamp for a college coach. Seeing him operate as the legit GM tells me that he was a big part of the problem himself. This coaching staff may not be what we expected it to be, but they also aren't THIS bad. This roster absolutely doesn't fit what they're trying to do. I blame them for not better adjusting to it, but the talent is a significant issue.

I think we’ve seen the same bad trade ups and talent evaluation continue enough without Rhule to show that Fitt was as complicit as Rhule. Heck, even though they won’t admit it, we heard plenty of tidbits from huddlers,  disappeared, that Fitt was handed the keys before the 2022 offseason since Rhule was obviously on the hot seat. Both should have hit the road at the same time and we paid the price.

I’d be happy with Burns and DJ Moore but any sane GM knowing our roster limits would have jumped at 3 1sts (pick 15 and 2024/2025) and a 2nd (pick 36) to juice our talent and use the $50m a year rolled over on FAs in 2025 when Young was ready. We probably don’t finish 7-10. Two less wins and we had pick 5, three less pick 3. Would have been nice to get Young and use less picks. Instead we trade DJ for way less value than offered when we said we wouldn’t trade him and can’t sign Burns.

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Lol. This is not huddle rage. It’s amazing that after proven wrong you have to post this in a completely different thread.

Detroit, Miami, Jacksonville and the Jets have all made star player for multiple firsts/tanking moves in the past 3-4 years and all of them have gotten better and 3 of them look like potential perennial playoff contenders. Jets just haven’t had QB luck but they are still a better team. We, on the other hand have been handing out picks like candy and not committing to a rebuild. Guess who’s the worst team of the 5?

It was pretty straightforward headed towards the trade deadline. No one should ever believe that Sam Darnold was leading this team to a deep playoff run. Could we have made the playoffs in one of the worst divisions in NFL history? Sure. Would we be a legitimate contender? Hell no. 

This team needed to embrace the rebuild. We needed a QB. There was no question about that. Having 5 1sts and 4 2nds over the next 3 years would have been a substantial war chest to go and acquire one in Jackson or trade up for one if that was the route, which it ultimately was, or even to stay firm and take the best pick available. We now lack picks to build around our QB, are devoid of a lot of talent, and have tried to drop a new generation QB into an older generation offense. It's a match made in hell.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Good to hear, this is absolutely the correct decision. 

is it? I do see the value of Burns but I really think we shoul sell on our defense right now and front load our offense. Is there really a foreseeable future where we can both put Burns in the best situation to thrive while paying him top dollar AND build around our young QB? 

I really think Brown is just as capable of a cornerstone to start building around on defense as Brian is. 

Edited by Rags