• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tarik Cohen

Kick

his last actual NFL rep was over 3 years ago. 

I would assume it takes legit time to get your body for the every down car wreck that is a NFL snap.   And it's why I would pump the breaks on Corbett being a game changer for us this week. 

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Who?

the RB we signed a couple weeks back.  The one who fits the mold of a Bryce Young offense.  The type we should of added this past offseason.  But given we waited so late we added an injured one that hasn't played since 2020 to try to rehab back into shape. 

but old Cohen was legit.   No telling what he looks like now. 

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

his last actual NFL rep was over 3 years ago. 

I would assume it takes legit time to get your body for the every down car wreck that is a NFL snap.   And it's why I would pump the breaks on Corbett being a game changer for us this week. 

While I agree...in that case, why sign him?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Kick said:

Hard to believe the play book is that deep.

Well we have to go deeper into it than we've been to really utilize him. His skillset's like CMC and our ground game been a lot of power running up the middle. So he has to get up to speed AND the offense needs to evolve a good bit. We may toss him a couple screens though.

FWIW, it could be lip service but Tarik thinks he's in the best shape of his career. That ACL is worrisome though because dude's whole thing was making fast cuts.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because there was a time when he was pretty good, and there's a chance he could be again.

Especially considering that it was just to the practice squad, why not?

I agree with that, and I guess if the plan is to hold him there bc he's 80% done getting his body ready cool.  But if you sign a guy, and when he's needed he can't be called on I don't see the point.  His ceiling based on history (I could be wrong) is just above average.  So with that, why not just go sign another HEALTHY just above average guy lol. 

Just now, PantherBoy95 said:

I agree with that, and I guess if the plan is to hold him there bc he's 80% done getting his body ready cool.  But if you sign a guy, and when he's needed he can't be called on I don't see the point.  His ceiling based on history (I could be wrong) is just above average.  So with that, why not just go sign another HEALTHY just above average guy lol. 

Oh I definitely remember him being better than just above average. He might also be a better style fit for what we're running.

I'd add that the word "healthy" is kind of important in our backfield right now. I don't think Sanders has been healthy all season.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

the RB we signed a couple weeks back.  The one who fits the mold of a Bryce Young offense.  The type we should of added this past offseason.  But given we waited so late we added an injured one that hasn't played since 2020 to try to rehab back into shape. 

but old Cohen was legit.   No telling what he looks like now. 

It's been more than a couple of weeks. It's probably about five or six now. Who knows what the hell's going on? I hope the comeback happens, and I hope that it happens successfully.

Edited by top dawg