• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seems like today put an exclamation point on it...

Huffgolf30

Just now, mc52beast said:

Does nobody on this forum realize how freaking terrible this entire team is? I keep hearing about Stroud( I’m a Buckeye fan) but put him ON THIS TEAM with THESE RECEIVERS and with THIS O-LINE and tell me he would be putting up the same numbers… 

Young has better weapons than Cam did in 2014

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

My guy. We've mostly only moved the ball down the field because of the run game. The one passing touchdown was a throw where the defense basically didn't even pay any attention to Chark.

I’m not just talking about today.

Look, most of you guys had made up your minds the second we drafted this kid. I ain’t getting into a back and forth about this. Stroud was my favorite QB too but Richardson was 2nd on the Panthers list. You’d think after they whiffed on Teddy, Sam, Baker and Corral they’d ask someone with a brain who they’d take but here we are.

this entire team sucks and no QB is succeeding here, that much is 100% true.

The good news is we’ll have the 1st pick in 2025 at this rate and we can do it all again

Bryce just doesn't have the velocity on his throws or down the field vision. Things many people were worried about seems to be coming to fruition. I watched Stroud today make some throws down the field look easy. The same throws that Bryce prob wouldn't even have the field vision to see or arm length/talent to make. How the hell does a team of NFL scouts/execs not forsee this after studying these guys for months. Mind boggling.

Edited by Huffgolf30
  • Pie 5

12 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

Made a huge mistake not picking Stroud (obvious at this point). Not even sure Bryce would be a 1st round pick if the draft were held today. My question is where the fug we go from here now that we made this collosal error.

Start over two years from now. Bryce will be gone by then and we will probably suck enough to get a high pick. Not a number one probably....but who knows.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m not just talking about today.

Look, most of you guys had made up your minds the second we drafted this kid. I ain’t getting into a back and forth about this. Stroud was my favorite QB too but Richardson was 2nd on the Panthers list. You’d think after they whiffed on Teddy, Sam, Baker and Corral they’d ask someone with a brain who they’d take but here we are.

this entire team sucks and no QB is succeeding here, that much is 100% true.

The good news is we’ll have the 1st pick in 2025 at this rate and we can do it all again

Oh stop only people like Ickmule made up their minds. 99% of us want him to succeed even still now. Nobody wants to see this franchise set back another couple years minimum.

Everyone is welcome to cope however they see fit. I'd rather acknowledge reality. We traded our best WR in years in his prime and multiple picks for this while passing over the QB that had the clear best arm talent in the draft.

I just have to disagree that every other QB would be terrible. Andy Dalton (ANDY DALTON) looked competent in this offense and didn't turn the ball over. We've relegated ourselves to worse QB play than Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. At this point probably even PJ Walker. You'll feel better when you accept.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh stop only people like Ickmule made up their minds. 99% of us want him to succeed even still now. Nobody wants to see this franchise set back another couple years minimum.

Everyone is welcome to cope however they see fit. I'd rather acknowledge reality. We traded our best WR in years in his prime and multiple picks for this while passing over the QB that had the clear best arm talent in the draft.

I just have to disagree that every other QB would be terrible. Andy Dalton (ANDY DALTON) looked competent in this offense and didn't turn the ball over. We've relegated ourselves to worse QB play than Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. At this point probably even PJ Walker. You'll feel better when you accept.

I’ve literally checked out. I’m not mad I’m not anything. Just whatever. This team is horrible. Legitimately horrible. There are no quick easy fixes either. Tee Higgins isn’t changing anything if we sign him. So yeah, it is what it is. We’ll do it again in 2025

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Does nobody on this forum realize how freaking terrible this entire team is? I keep hearing about Stroud( I’m a Buckeye fan) but put him ON THIS TEAM with THESE RECEIVERS and with THIS O-LINE and tell me he would be putting up the same numbers… 

I agree, but I don't think that he'd look like Bryce has. I suspect that Stroud can do with more less, and that Bryce, at the very least, needs stellar line play to do starter-level work. Bryce doesn't look like a QB who can put the team on his shoulders and will them to a win. The jury is still out, I admit, but...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

People really underestimate how bad this team is as a whole. Thomas Brown tried opening up the playbook last week and it resulted in 6 sacks. Started off doing the same thing today and immediately resulted in a few sacks. 

So now we’re stuck playing dink and dunk with no running game. Our WR’s are trash to boot and it’s literally a QB’s worst nightmare. 

yeah the interceptions suck, they were all ugly but this entire situation is a f’n mess. I have a tough time imagining any QB succeeding on this team  

Where I’m at.

Everything about this offense is comprehensively dysfunctional.