• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This isn't Bryce Youngs fault

Brent Gregory

4 hours ago, Lemory said:

Ya you're right. He cant pick himself #1 overall, he can only go out and play to his abilities.

This falls directly on Tepper and the front office. They ran their process this offseason and they tried to be as thorough as possible and the results are our worst start since 2010.

They just cant make good football decisions. 

He did drink like 2 gallons of water before weigh in at the combine and not throw vs Stroud/AR, then didn't weigh at his pro day and looked pretty mediocre missing most of his deep shots. If he threw side by side at the combine I think the media would have dropped him below Stroud "for sure"

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He did drink like 2 gallons of water before weigh in at the combine and not throw vs Stroud/AR, then didn't weigh at his pro day and looked pretty mediocre missing most of his deep shots. If he threw side by side at the combine I think the media would have dropped him below Stroud "for sure"

But he ran his own Pro Day and practiced his S2 since 8th grade

• Beer 1

Just now, jfra78 said:

But he ran his own Pro Day and practiced his S2 since 8th grade

And he ran O-line meetings at training camp! That's turned out well lol. Who knows what he's calling audibles out of that might have actually worked so far. I'd like to see a month of Dalton at this point just to see if the whole staff and roster aren't complete trash when running with an established QB

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And he ran O-line meetings at training camp! That's turned out well lol. Who knows what he's calling audibles out of that might have actually worked so far. I'd like to see a month of Dalton at this point just to see if the whole staff and roster aren't complete trash when running with an established QB

We are always complaining about OL, but they got him calling protections

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

We are always complaining about OL, but they got him calling protections

The fact Dalton asked for his own plays in Seattle was super weird, and he was pretty successful in a very loud environment. Today we were at home and getting false starts with like zero crowd noise. Just very odd

• Pie 1

On 11/5/2023 at 7:51 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

I would bet dollars to donuts that the staff and FO was all in on Stroud after the combine but then the infamous dinner happened with young and the teppers got involved and the rest is history  

When they said they liked them both I knew it was bad news. 

You know, that dollars to doughnuts thing has flipped. Used to get a lot of doughnuts for a buck and I bet you would be lucky to get one nowadays. 

22 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

The fact Dalton asked for his own plays in Seattle was super weird, and he was pretty successful in a very loud environment. Today we were at home and getting false starts with like zero crowd noise. Just very odd

The penalties and crowd played a huge part in that Seattle game. If that game was at home I think we win with dalton. 

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Being deceptive and hiding the fact you can't throw deep accurately,  in order to secure that #1 overall was a douche move. Even though our scouting and talent evaluators are obviously under the bald dwarfs thumb, Young and his PR team deserve every ounce of disdain and condemnation they are receiving.  Rightly so.

Again this is the failings of an organization.  You have Coaches, scouts with decades of experience.  If their evaluation skills are so shallow they get tricked by a 21 year old and his handlers they deserve to be the worst franchise in the nfl. 

• Beer 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:50 AM, Jackie Lee said:

I'd still like to know why Andy Dalton gets more downfield throws in the gameplan than Bryce Young... 

it's not like Dalton even had a ton of them in the gameplan. 

Something stinks.  I still think it starts with the retread dinosaur named Frank.   I think he is playing things that way an old coach would with the rookie.  And that's not today's NFL.