• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is very similar to Drew Brees but Panthers nation should be patient

Lame Duck

20 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

What growth? Through 8 games I have pretty much seen the same QB. Only changes are is if he will throw some interceptions, but His stats have pretty much been identical through 8 games.

QB School says there is growth. All I see is the same QB who checks down and is inaccurate downfield. Now he has happy feet after this game.

If casslas ever did his all 22 review again I would love to know the number of times young throw from his tip toes or did the jump throw in a game.  Because that poo isnt cut out for the nfl

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If casslas ever did his all 22 review again I would love to know the number of times young throw from his tip toes or did the jump throw in a game.  Because that poo isnt cut out for the nfl

I see him hoping up on his tip toes as he drops back but I haven't noticed him throwing from them.  I honestly think he does that to see the field.  

• Pie 1

The recent thread about Clausen sent me looking at the numbers.

Bryce Young so far through his rookie season has a 5.5 YPA compared to Jimmy's career YPA of 5.3. There's no way to spin that into a positive. For comparison sake doing a quick dive on our QB's the last several years. Teddy was 7.6 in 2020. Kyle Allen was 6.8 in 2019. Sam Darnold was 6.7 as a Panther. Baker Mayfield was 6.4 last year and PJ Walker was 6.9.

It is wild to me that there are people suggesting those acknowledging things like this should quit being a Panthers fan. That takes a truly deranged level of coping.

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, frankw said:

The recent thread about Clausen sent me looking at the numbers.

Bryce Young so far through his rookie season has a 5.5 YPA compared to Jimmy's career YPA of 5.3. There's no way to spin that into a positive. For comparison sake doing a quick dive on our QB's the last several years. Teddy was 7.6 in 2020. Kyle Allen was 6.8 in 2019. Sam Darnold was 6.7 as a Panther. Baker Mayfield was 6.4 last year and PJ Walker was 6.9.

It is wild to me that there are people suggesting those acknowledging things like this should quit being a Panthers fan. That takes a truly deranged level of coping.

Clausen also had 3 TDs to 9 INTs with a completion % of 52.5 his rookie year. Oh and his OL featured Gross, Wharton, and Kalil with Smith and Stewart as weapons. Young is struggling but Clausen was truly another level.  No question about it though Young cost us a win last Sunday. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Clausen also had 3 TDs to 9 INTs with a completion % of 52.5 his rookie year. Oh and his OL featured Gross, Wharton, and Kalil with Smith and Stewart as weapons. Young is struggling but Clausen was truly another level.  No question about it though Young cost us a win last Sunday. 

Clausen was bad all around. He's the worst we've seen over the last 20 years. No argument. The issue is Jimmy Clausen is the only QB we can look to in these last few decades that has a comparable distinct lack of big play ability as a passer. He simply lacked the physicality. We're asking the same questions about Bryce after a very steep investment. That's alarming.

And while we point fingers in every direction to defend Young we have to ask ourselves just why this OL did not look this bad last season. It's mostly the same group. Eventually you have to wonder if the fact we are tailoring our offense to fit Young's strengths and hide his weaknesses are a significant detriment to the unit overall.

I also think whether it's coaching scheme or Bryce our weapons are not as bad as people are making them out to be. Stroud just set the rookie single game passing record with a jag as his leading receiver.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would rather draft Clausen for a second then Young for everything we gave up. Not even close really.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ive been thinking back to the nightmare of 2011 season. Thinking is this team worse?? Nah thus far even with the struggles. I still recall that 2011 unit just crossing the 50 was a miracle. The low fruit is in hell and all, but the 2023 team has 1-2 series were they move the ball well into the red zone per game. 2011 was a punt and pray season. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Bryce ain’t Clausen. One similar stat is what people typically refer to as “cherry picking” if it doesn’t suit their narrative. He sucked out loud Sunday though. But there’s no way around the fact he was also better than Stroud the week before. The reactionary crowd who goes from “0-17” to “we’re going 6-6” to “Bryce is the worst QB who ever lived” keep me on here. It’s entertaining. More so than the games, really. I Ekwonu all of them so I can still read their drivel (Ekwonu = refusal to block)

Edited by Carl Spackler

On 11/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, frankw said:

This is the lowest form of coping with the pick. Constantly comparing this kid to hall of famers has led us to this point. Doubling and tripling down is simply insane. Log out!

Thy were tripling down begging to throw the money (picks) away. 

No concept of this guy as a long shot, physically, or the idea that if you bet a long shot you better cover it with a place or show bet. 

IOW no concept of the almost exponential risk of doing ALL that to move 8 slots.

I watched Levis play the other day, he flicked his wrist he doesn't need a running start. I could have waited a few slots for a QB if it meant still having "money" in the bank to spend in the multiple drafts we impacted.