• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We prob made the wrong pick BUT

Frank9999

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Here's what I'm still not getting about Bryce.

What "elite" skill does he possess that will set him apart from other QBs? He's small, has a subpar arm, doesn't break tackles, can't even run him under center because of his height, average speed, etc. Literally his only thing he had over CJ was his "processing" speed, which oddly enough can get better in the NFL. You know what can't be learned though? Size, height, arm strength, etc. which is what CJ had over Bryce.

I'm just trying to get a gauge at Bryce's ceiling, because I just don't see it. He doesn't have the arm strength to CONSISTENTLY make NFL throws, and we can't even run him under center because of his size. Where's the potential, I'm legitimately curious.

Sub Teddy Bridgewater territory. Game manager that doesn't allow a team to do enough to make it work. How do you build a good enough Offense like Alex Smith had when he is so limited? He would be on his 5th year option before they could build a team around his limitations...that is if they could build a team anyways. Dude is NFL chum between his limitations and the teams

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Sub Teddy Bridgewater territory. Game manager that doesn't allow a team to do enough to make it work. How do you build a good enough Offense like Alex Smith had when he is so limited? He would be on his 5th year option before they could build a team around his limitations...that is if they could build a team anyways. Dude is NFL chum between his limitations and the teams

This place is cope city.

Just read a post in the Bears thread blasting the coaching staff for not rolling Bryce Young out of the pocket more "like Mahomes". Well there's just a few key differences there but we don't want to burst anyone's bubble.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

This place is cope city.

Just read a post in the Bears thread blasting the coaching staff for not rolling Bryce Young out of the pocket more "like Mahomes". Well there's just a few key differences there but we don't want to burst anyone's bubble.

Some are still expecting Brees lol. The runs I saw where from complete disrespect from the D. Reminded me of Thomas' receptions.

4 hours ago, SCO96 said:

Sometimes I will refuse to post for fear of getting flamed or causing dissension on the forum. Now that we’ve made our bed I can speak my peace. I and (several others I must add) thought trading up was a bad idea. The cost is expensive even  if you succeed. If you fail it can set a franchise back for years. I would have been cool with letting Levi’s fall to us at 9. I never understood why he was so despised in the first place. We would have kept our picks and had a QB who could at least push the ball downfield. But, if we had done that half of this board would have had a mental meltdown. I also would have been cool taking Howell in the 3rd or 4th round in 2022 and using all of the 2023 picks to build a solid cast around him.

A bad franchise should never give away multiple high choices in multiple seasons and pin their hopes on any rookie QB. If a team is competitive and has a solid roster on both sides of the ball you can afford to take a swing for the fences (Like the 49ers did with Lance…which was a huge mistake in hindsight). A good team like  SF was able to overcome Lance decision because they were good without him. The Chiefs were a playoff team the year before they moved up to draft Mahomes. Had he been a bust they still had a good, if not great QB, in Alex Smith.

Picking a QB in the the top 5 is not a a sure fire bet to win…or even get to…a SB

I’m not even a Levis fan based on his college tape but I didn’t want Bryce. I still don’t see the athleticism or arm talent needed to be a top 10 QB.

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

Here's what I'm still not getting about Bryce.

What "elite" skill does he possess that will set him apart from other QBs? He's small, has a subpar arm, doesn't break tackles, can't even run him under center because of his height, average speed, etc. Literally his only thing he had over CJ was his "processing" speed, which oddly enough can get better in the NFL. You know what can't be learned though? Size, height, arm strength, etc. which is what CJ had over Bryce.

I'm just trying to get a gauge at Bryce's ceiling, because I just don't see it. He doesn't have the arm strength to CONSISTENTLY make NFL throws, and we can't even run him under center because of his size. Where's the potential, I'm legitimately curious.

Been asking these same questions since he was a college prospect. As soon as I saw his game against Texas in 2022 I knew he’d struggle in the NFL. He’s bad under pressure and a short QB is not going to be able to see the field well enough to make plays under pressure. It’s playing out exactly like that Texas game every game in the NFL. The only difference is he doesn’t play against team’s that have their starting QB hurt in the 1st quarter every game. 

4 hours ago, frankw said:

The Commanders are as big of a dumpster fire as us they've given up 44 sacks compared to our 29 and still Howell is 4th in the league in passing yards per game and 7th in the league in touchdowns.

Enough with the excuses.

With Eric bieniemy, an offensive mind with a significantly better reputation than Frank Reich, and with Weapons out wide that are nobably better than ours in McLaurin and Dotson. Forgot that part.

2 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I think many Carolina fans are overreacting with negativity.  They knew this was a development year.  They also knew that this team had a lot of needs that were't going to be filled this year.  Obviously Carolina MUST make solid picks in next year's draft (sucks not having a #1) and, I presume, there is plenty of salary cap space to sign some quality free agents.  Carolina will be better next year.  In two years Carolina may very well be able to compete for a division title and a playoff berth.  In the meantime, hang in there!  

Don't you notice a lot of these posters have been silent all week long last week? Literally not a peep from most of them after a solid game from Bryce and a win over the fan boy CJ Stroud. Stroud goes off this week and Bryce has a terrible game and here they are out in full force meltdown mode. Most of these fans don't deserve to cheer for a winner and should remain miserable until they finally call it quits on their "fandom"

12 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Most of these fans don't deserve to cheer for a winner and should remain miserable until they finally call it quits on their "fandom"

If you weren't saying this in defense of Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold this just sounds like sour grapes bud.

Black Girl Magic GIF by chescaleigh

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you weren't saying this in defense of Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold this just sounds like sour grapes bud.

Black Girl Magic GIF by chescaleigh

Those guys actually had quality offensive players around them. And neither of them were rookie 1st year QBs, so no I wasn't saying that about them. Great comparisons though keep them coming

3 hours ago, Beast_3000 said:

I’m not even a Levis fan based on his college tape but I didn’t want Bryce. I still don’t see the athleticism or arm talent needed to be a top 10 QB.

Levis out there falling back and flicking it 50 to 60 yds for TDs. That type of ability is what keeps defenses in worry mode. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Bryce might become a good NFL qb, we still dont really know, hes 7 games into his career and yes he just had his worst game BY FAR.  The amount of people who are all in on "Bryce is a complete bust, complete trash, isnt good" on here is absurd.  Just because hes supposed to be a cerebral QB doesnt mean he cant poo the bed.  

Cam newton in year 3 games where he threw 3 INTs his rookie season, including a 4INT game.

Hell the guy we "compare him to" drew brees, in 2012 in the midst of him at his best had a game against atlanta where he threw 5 INTs and zero TDs.  For a rookie, a shitty game is just that.  He HAS shown promise, and he HAD been improving week over week all season till that game.

I do agree Stroud is prlly a generational talent, hes showing it and I did want him, but was ok with bryce.

Lastly, I'll just say this, You are huffing paint if you think that Bryce Young is our biggest problem.  We have huge problems on the line and at receiver.  We can be pissed at the team, the owner, the coaches, and the window licking GM, but over reacting to Youngs stinker is beyond dumb

• Pie 1