• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce isn’t a lost case…at least not yet.

SCO96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WujqkKtaQ6w

To say Bryce had a bad day is an understatement. After watching this I actually felt a little better. There are three things holding him back. This video has every drop back from week 9

1) We all know that the offensive line has been terrible with their pass blocking. That can be fixed. 

2) Bryce could be a lot better if he were better coached. His footwork and throwing mechanics are bad. I think that why he can’t drive the ball downfield. I think strong QB coaching would do wonders for his game.

This staff has got to step up or be replaced if Young is gonna succeed in Carolina.

3) WR are none factors  most of the time.

All 3 of the above can be fixed, but I don’t have faith in the current FO and coaching staff to make things better.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Love Bryce the person, but cmon bro he's not reading the field at all. That was supposed to be his biggest strength. If he's struggling with that part then he has nothing else to rely on as he lacks arm strength.

I've seen enough to confidently say he won't ever be a "franchise QB". Those guys usually show you signs right away. Bryce at best will be middle of the pack. This is coming from one of his main supporters during the draft. Sometimes you just have to tell the truth.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

His processor sucks and was fools gold. Number 1 picks make the team around them better (Cam) but Bryce needs a top tier supporting cast to be manageable. I see Alex Smith as his absolute peak.

That's an insult to Alex Smith.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Love Bryce the person, but cmon bro he's not reading the field at all. That was supposed to be his biggest strength. If he's struggling with that part then he has nothing else to rely on as he lacks arm strength.

I've seen enough to confidently say he won't ever be a "franchise QB". Those guys usually show you signs right away. Bryce at best will be middle of the pack. This is coming from one of his main supporters during the draft. Sometimes you just have to tell the truth.

I actually agree with you. I don't see him ever being elite. But, he can be a lot better than he is now. I think strong coaching and a better supporting cast would at least help him reach his peak.

NFL scout/commentator Bucky Brooks put it best. There are two types  of QBs in the NFL

1) QBs that pull the wagon most of the time 

2) QBs that need the wagon to pull them a lot of the time

True franchise quarterbacks fall in the first category. 

But, we've seen level 2 guys win championships on solid teams (Jim McMahon, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco)

It’s so early to give up on him, but it’s not fun right now. He hasn’t shown he looks like the number one overall pick, let alone a number one overall pick a team at 9 traded the farm for to move to get him. Right now, he looks borderline capable. It doesn’t help his supporting cast is average and his line is a hot mess. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It’s simple. We picked the wrong QB in the draft. Bryce hasn’t shown anything that would suggest otherwise. Levis, Stroud and Richardson have all looked substantially better. I’m not one for over reacting..but I’m thinking Bryce has a ceiling of Teddy Bridgewater.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

First overall picks should not need a perfect situation and I am seeing a lot of people saying that if he had a better o-line, better receivers, better everything he’d be much better. 
Maybe, but if I am drafting a QB, NUMBER ONE, in the draft he better be able to carry the team. 
Bryce may get better and be a decent QB with a good team around him. But I feel we will win games in spite of him not because of him. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

First overall picks should not need a perfect situation and I am seeing a lot of people saying that if he had a better o-line, better receivers, better everything he’d be much better. 
Maybe, but if I am drafting a QB, NUMBER ONE, in the draft he better be able to carry the team. 
Bryce may get better and be a decent QB with a good team around him. But I feel we will win games in spite of him not because of him. 

I mean Jared Goff sucked with Jeff Fisher.  It was a bad situation.

Yeah sure ideally you draft Peyton Manning's at No. 1, but that isn't realistic.  But it isn't unprecedented for a No. 1 pick to need a different environment to succeed.

• Beer 1