• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Team Beat Writer steps down

ncfan

Most likely she was in in a social media communication PR position with the franchise which is an entry level positive for many sports/communication majors out of college. 

I had a nephew work one of those in the NHL...................Rush Limbaugh had his first job in the media doing PR for the KC Royals in MLB....

Those jobs barely pay a living wage and if you are single work for a while as you try to climb the ladder.......my nephew couldn't afford to live alone and had to find a roommate to pay the bills...........for some they get to rub shoulders a bit with the players and other higher profile media type which is where they hope will be their ticket out of the "paying your dues" position they are in.

If you take a job like this with a NASCAR team they send you out on the road with a body shell look alike show car and you sit out front at a sponsors store front and hand out discount flyers to shoppers as they ask dumb questions about a car that often doesn't even have an engine in it.......

In other words the job sucks.............and nobody knows you are doing it. 

Just now, PghPanther said:

Most likely she was in in a social media communication PR position with the franchise which is an entry level positive for many sports/communication majors out of college. 

I had a nephew work one of those in the NHL...................Rush Limbaugh had his first job in the media doing PR for the KC Royals in MLB....

Those jobs barely pay a living wage and if you are single work for a while as you try to climb the ladder.......my nephew couldn't afford to live alone and had to find a roommate to pay the bills...........for some they get to rub shoulders a bit with the players and other higher profile media type which is where they hope will be their ticket out of the "paying your dues" position they are in.

If you take a job like this with a NASCAR team they send you out on the road with a body shell look alike show car and you sit out front at a sponsors store front and hand out discount flyers to shoppers as they ask dumb questions about a car that often doesn't even have an engine in it.......

you have to start somewhere and if sports is your passion I imagine getting your foot in the proverbial door of a nfl franchise could be rewarding down the road

1 hour ago, PghPanther said:

If you go to the Panthers.com website she does all the news updates for them 

https://www.panthers.com/author/augusta-stone

1 hour ago, CRA said:

If you go to the Panthers.com website she does all the news updates for them 

https://www.panthers.com/author/augusta-stone

That's exactly what my nephew did for an NHL team.....being a sports junkie and working in communications it was a dream starter job for him.....but once meeting a girl and wanting to get married he couldn't wait to find a job that paid a livable wage.