• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Brandt tells people to "pump the brakes" on calling Bryce Young a bust

Dorian Gray

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm fairly sure that most rookies, even some HoFers are closer to Bryce Young's level of production and understanding than C.J. Stroud's. I'd also bet that their lines weren't as porous as ours. 

You've missed Brandt's (and others') whole point.

I bet they aren't in the last 20 years. It's a different league since they changed how illegal contact gets called and really reined in hits on QBs.

I hope y'all are right. I'm just saying that you're probably not.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't say that. I'm simply asking for folks to honestly point out more than a few plays he's made that you wouldn't expect a basic NFL roster caliber QB to be able to make. That's the problem.

His ratio of genuinely explosive plays to turnovers is frankly abysmal

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I bet they aren't in the last 20 years. It's a different league since they changed how illegal contact gets called and really reined in hits on QBs.

I hope y'all are right. I'm just saying that you're probably not.

To be clear, we're not saying that he won't bust; what we're saying is that it's simply too early to tell, and that circumstances must be taken into account. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

"Elite talent?" 😆 He doesn't necessarily have elite talent, but it's proven to be a helluva lot better than ours. Any NFL analyst will tell you that. His weapons are legit.

Well that talent around him still managed to lose to this clown show of a team. At the end of the day what it boils down to is CJ has the natural ability to make more with what he has on a more consistent basis. While all we have is arguing amongst each other about who is or isn't biased as we try to blame everyone on the team down to the water boy after Bryce Young threw two pick sixes to the same defender.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

clever of the defender to hide in plain site like that

also for your mental health don't look at the bottom of the play

Frank might call that "cheating". Dude knew the ball wasn't going more than 25 yards in the air so he just turned around to take a look lol. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

no reason for a team to do anything but zone against us.  Keep your eyes on the QB and just prepare to jump and make a play on the routes you know Carolina is running.  It's all going to be infront of you.  And the routes are going to be slow on top of that.  That's an easy life for a D.  And the results have shown that since week 1. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

It was probably Tepper. And Houston had more draft capital.

Draft capital, maybe, but he made his mark at Houston as a player (I know because I always had him on my fantasy teams). Wouldn't shock me if he lived there this whole time too--tons of pros live in the Houston area in the off-seasons.

I know Tepper leaves a lot to be desired, but let's be clear here--Cal McNair's rep was no better than Tepper's, and Caserio's was worse than Fitt's. I know we're not in the business of watching other teams closely, but fans of the Texans--a replacement team that'll never dislodge the Oilers' fandom there--might actually hate Cal more than Panthers fans hate Tepper.

• Beer 1