• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich should be fired now

Frank9999

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

The fact that Frank rather have Eddy try to make a 59 yarder in soldier field than Bryce try to convert a 4th and 10 should tell everyone all you need to know about what he thinks of our QB.

I think that was his way of saying fug you to Tepper.

A failed 4th down ended the game anyway.  It's not like if we got a 3 and out on defense we could march the ball down field in time even if we did get the ball back.  Couldn't do it all night long with all the time in the world and time outs.

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

The fact that Frank rather have Eddy try to make a 59 yarder in soldier field than Bryce try to convert a 4th and 10 should tell everyone all you need to know about what he thinks of our QB.

I think that was his way of saying fug you to Tepper.

he has been saying fug you to somebody since week one. 

That offense he was hiding from everyone? It was never there. I’d guess the kid couldn’t run it but none of my guesses make sense either. Strangest thing I have really even witnessed, this phantom offense and JV looking quarterback. 

Edited by stratocatter

Burn the entire thing down. I mean everything. The Teppers need to remove themselves from any football decision. Period. Stop mixing family with business and hire someone to make these decisions. Start from scratch. Treat it as an expansion franchise and maybe five years from now, we see some semblance of a functional organisation. 

• Pie 3

“Tepper, who made his billions betting on financial assets nobody else wanted, is the guy who takes big risks for big rewardsthe quarterback throwing deep on first down. Dundon, who started building his fortune making subprime auto loans, is the guy who tends to the details, methodically working for the high-percentage shot.”

this is part of an article from the assembly Nc.com outlining why the Carolina hurricanes as a franchise are better than Carolina Panthers after both teams had a change in owners. Sums it up

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I would've fired Reich weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I'd have never hired him.

As for Fitterer? Que será, será.

it's funny you should say that, because old threads come in handy when:

I mean you did have your concerns I give you that much

Screenshot 2023-11-10 060234.png

The thing is though, we could easily be in a Tepper death roll. Who can actually come here that will tame the beast?  It's probably gonna be a good two years before we can get our head above water, and three before we make it back to shore, and four before we get back on solid ground. It will be election time once again (provided Trump hasn't declared himself a king). 

14 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Burn the entire thing down. I mean everything. The Teppers need to remove themselves from any football decision. Period. Stop mixing family with business and hire someone to make these decisions. Start from scratch. Treat it as an expansion franchise and maybe five years from now, we see some semblance of a functional organisation. 

Adding another middle man on top of the GM doesn't change anything. The experienced football people he hired to make decisions are our wonderful staff with their pedigrees. Even if you want to let them off the hook by blaming all of our woes on the Teppers adopting Bryce, the owner has to give someone the authority. Does this Football Czar get choose whether to fire or keep staff? What happens if he sucks too?

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I'm thinking Tepper goes after Lions OC Ben Johnson (who was his #1 choice last offseason) and gives him the key to the team

That scheme would also fit our line. Let Ben choose his GM. Tell him he’s not tied to Bryce if he doesn’t want to. It could happen.

Reich needs to be fired. He was sold as an offensive guru and QB whisperer and both facets of the team have been terrible. Our very good OLine from one year ago has regressed to the point of being worst in the league because said offensive guru has gone with a scheme that exposes their deficiencies.

Young will get at least another season because we don't have another 1st round pick, so whoever comes in will likely be told they get a pass next year no matter the results and if Young doesn't pan out year 2 they can have their QB in the 2025 draft.

• Pie 1