• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it possible that Young being so cerebral

Frank9999

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It doesn't matter how high your football IQ is if you don't have the physical tools to deliver on it. 

I'm honestly not sure he's nearly as cerebral on the field as folks want to believe. Last night during the game thread on our final drive I pointed out that that Bryce was throwing to the same basic area every play and that if the Bears were smart they'd just camp a defender there. Well, they actually did one better. They had a LB give a blitz look pre-snap on 3rd down and then drop back into a robber position right there in the middle of the field 6-8 yards deep where Bryce had been throwing the ball every play. Bryce threw it right to him and he dropped it. The Bears 100% sprung a trap on Bryce and he never saw it coming. I thought they were being dumb letting us have that play over and over several times but they were actually playing chess against checkers. They were setting Bryce up to expect that to be open and to bait him into throwing a pick. He stumbled right into the trap and the defender just botched it. That's not high level cerebral stuff from your super processor QB.

Sigh. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Sigh. 

Poo and a sigh. That's all you've got at this point. You're running on pure faith. Either that or sheer denial. Not sure there's really much of a fundamental difference between the two mindsets.

I do a lot of sighing every time I think about all we traded to draft this guy #1 overall. Watching him get outplayed by a rookie UDFA out of a D2 school was just  awesome I tell ya.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

Nobody is denying that Bryce Young is struggling right now, but it’s impossible to blame this entire situation on him. The Panthers are truly one of the worst NFL teams we have ever seen.

Young is not a Zach Wilson, he’s not a Baker Mayfield. He’s a solid, smart passer stuck in a disastrous situation too.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a hilariously bad take. The QB's job is to effectively execute the play, period. If you're getting consistently fooled by pre-snap defensive disguises you're not gonna make it long in the NFL.

I mean I can’t force you to have perspective. But you are consistently the worst poster on here so I don’t know what I expected.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Just face it: until we get a better O-line and weapons, the truth about Bryce will be up in the air. 

Or actually play to the strengths of what that oline is until it is retooled and someone in the Panthers’ front office knows how to get WR talent 

If that oline can be successful running, then run it damnit …over and over and over again 

And if the receivers you have stop on routes, don’t know where they are supposed to be, drop passes, Sit their  ass and go to the practice squads and retirement lists find someone who can or who is teachable 

or shut down the receivers and designate the 10 million TEs on the team as WRs

but in the name of all that is holy,  stop doing the same fuging thing over and over again as if there is no alternative,  with a coach who looks lost and a qb that just finished a zen class 

we are not asking for designing a new nuclear bomb here, just fix it 

In  the nfl, nice guys don’t last long and there aren’t participation awards.     an organization either wins or doesn’t and this organization is a poo show 

Edited by raleigh-panther

21 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

I mean I can’t force you to have perspective. But you are consistently the worst poster on here so I don’t know what I expected.

He is right. Either Young couldn't see it or couldn't read it, neither is good and both are on him as the QB. 

Edited by Waldo

5 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

Is just detrimental to him in NFL right now? Is he in his head too much, over analyzing and expecting routes to be more open than they are in the NFL? Is he just not taking shots when he should because hes over thinking everything ? 

yes, steve smithy said this weeks ago as well. 

52 minutes ago, top dawg said:

@CPF4LIFE why would you give me poo for making this statement? In my opinion it's a truly bitch move. Poo that!

The same reason you and the usual suspects poo anything i say when you dont agree with it. Thats whats its for.... QUIT CRYING. Complaining about it is the real bitch move.  Don't dish it if you can't take it. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

7 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

Is just detrimental to him in NFL right now? Is he in his head too much, over analyzing and expecting routes to be more open than they are in the NFL? Is he just not taking shots when he should because hes over thinking everything ? 

He just sucks man

don’t overthink it

Think about Young’s build. At 5-foot-10 and 204 pounds, it’s harder for Young to stand tall and see from the pocket. It is literally harder for him to do that than every other NFL quarterback not named Kyler Murray.

That matters when you need to wait in the pocket longer to see deep routes develop, especially routes that are later in the progression. Young just isn’t getting to and throwing those routes on a consistent basis right now. Again, I know that’s partly an offensive line issue, as well, but he’s not doing that often enough even when he has a chance.

But what about Russell Wilson and Murray? Those guys have made a living throwing down the field and making aggressive throws despite their height. Hell, it might be the thing those two do best. So what gives with Young?

He just doesn’t have that kind of arm. Wilson and Murray, just as examples, were both baseball players. Murray was an outfielder, and he sure throws like it when he really rips a throw. There’s no doubt he and Wilson can spin the ball.

Young, by contrast, always won in college with timing and precision. He’s got that feathery touch. He can put the ball where it needs to be, but it takes time to get there. That’s all good and well in college, but NFL windows are tougher to identify and close faster.

Trying to win with timing and precision, while also not being tall enough to consistently hang in the pocket, is a really tough way to live. It’s got to be one or the other, at worst.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/bryce-young-not-living-up-to-hype-but-whos-to-blame/

• Beer 2