• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

There’s “impressed,” and then there’s “obsessed”. Quite a few on here fall into the latter and not the former 

If we were doing good things there would be other things to talk about. And “obsessed” is an opinion gauge. There’s no meter for showing how far you are on one side or the other. I don’t think anyone here can point fingers at others while also not only opening threads about Stroud but also commenting in those threads multiple times. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Varking said:

If we were doing good things there would be other things to talk about. And “obsessed” is an opinion gauge. There’s no meter for showing how far you are on one side or the other. I don’t think anyone here can point fingers at others while also not only opening threads about Stroud but also commenting in those threads multiple times. 

Sure there is a meter. How often does one post about someone who doesn’t play for his supposed favorite team? If it’s a majority of one’s posts, and they start multiple threads saying the same things, that’s probably an obsession and it’s clearly something that dominates their thoughts far more than it should. 

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s so weird to see folks tell people who have been around for a long time to go root for another team because they are impressed with a player. It’s like a last resort when you have nothing else to say. 

They're saying this because there’s virtually nothing positive to say about Young so far

To the OP:  Nope.  Playing what if for more than a few minutes is a complete waste of time.

What if I'd won the lottery?  A fun game but pointless.

What if I hadn't misunderstood the signals hot chick sent me freshman year?  Spank bank?  Or just pointless.

I don't think anyone could be successful with the way things are now.  Doesn't matter if it's prime Payton Manning, Cam Newton, or anyone else.  The team is so incredibly dysfunctional.  If folks want to change their fandom, I wish them nothing but happiness.  Because it doesn't affect me.

The world sucks, go be happy.

• Pie 3

Just now, d-dave said:

To the OP:  Nope.  Playing what if for more than a few minutes is a complete waste of time.

What if I'd won the lottery?  A fun game but pointless.

What if I hadn't misunderstood the signals hot chick sent me freshman year?  Spank bank?  Or just pointless.

I don't think anyone could be successful with the way things are now.  Doesn't matter if it's prime Payton Manning, Cam Newton, or anyone else.  The team is so incredibly dysfunctional.  If folks want to change their fandom, I wish them nothing but happiness.  Because it doesn't affect me.

The world sucks, go be happy.

Agreed. I watched basketball with my kid this afternoon and we had a blast. Didn’t visit the Huddle, didn’t think “wonder what CJ’s doing,” didn’t even think “that god damn midget who’s taller than 4/5 of the Huddle makes my blood boil as red as my Ickey avatar,” either 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Sure there is a meter. How often does one post about someone who doesn’t play for his supposed favorite team? If it’s a majority of one’s posts, and they start multiple threads saying the same things, that’s probably an obsession and it’s clearly something that dominates their thoughts far more than it should. 

Oh so I’m definitely not included in that since I have tons of posts and he for sure is not the majority of comments or posts. But who you are you to determine how much of one’s thoughts should be allocated to whatever they are thinking about? Like for instance, I’m actually obsessed with Baseball but I don’t post about it here. So how would you judge when it becomes my obsession here on this message board? 

It’s all your own personal opinion that can be backed or validated by anything else but your own opinion. Again, anyone here posting in Stroud threads over and over like you is in no position to point fingers at others. You could leave those threads alone but you contribute by bumping them back up to the top and then you get upset when folks are talking about him. 

It’s like the meme where you throw a stick in your bicycle wheels, cause yourself to fall over and then lay on the ground blaming somebody else that you got hurt lol. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Agreed. I watched basketball with my kid this afternoon and we had a blast. Didn’t visit the Huddle, didn’t think “wonder what CJ’s doing,” didn’t even think “that god damn midget who’s taller than 4/5 of the Huddle makes my blood boil as red as my Ickey avatar,” either 

You could always ignore said poster.  Seems to me you are getting just as mad at him as he is to young.   Hmmmm interesting