• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we really go the whole season without some sort of change?

Killah_Ray

The writing feels like it’s on the wall for Fitts and Frank, so do we rip off the bandaid early or just let the season just finish out first?

I feel like with the reputation this team (mainly Tepper) is starting to get in the media, it might be a good idea to get a head start on the process as I can see a lot of Ben Johnson nos coming our way…

It wouldn't shock me if both are retained into next season.  It would disappoint me but not shock me.  Tepper could decide that he can't keep the one-and-done carousel going and needs to give more time to his staff.  I don't think he'll be bullied into making a change because fans demand it.

• Pie 2

I honestly don't care simply because I'm not convinced it matters. Hell, I'm pretty convinced at this point that it doesn't. The names keep changing but the idiocy continues. Sure seems like Tepper is working a lot of puppet strings behind the curtain. I find it difficult to believe that so much personnel changes while we continue to do bafflingly stupid things. There's one common thread here.

• Pie 7

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It wouldn't shock me if both are retained into next season.  It would disappoint me but not shock me.  Tepper could decide that he can't keep the one-and-done carousel going and needs to give more time to his staff.  I don't think he'll be bullied into making a change because fans demand it.

There hasn't been a one and done hiring yet. Rivera got to year two, hurney got to year 3, Rhule got to year three, and fitt is on year 3.

Reich would be the first one and done. Texans did it two years in a row before they hired Ryans.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Fitt is gone at seasons end and Thomas Brown is the scapegoat for Reich 

Thomas Brown doesn’t actually work though as a scapegoat for Frank….because Frank was just fired a year ago for this exact same stuff.    

9 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

He does if he gets the can and Frank stays on the promise of the offence getting a make lift under a new coordinator 

I mean I think Brown easily could get fired.  Frank fired his non-playcalling OC in Indy last year too.   But it’s Frank.   Frank’s the problem. 

normally that would be the move.  I just don’t think it works for Frank.  Generally when people pull the scapegoat move they weren’t just canned themselves for the same repeating problems.

Frank’s got to change the trend this season IMO with his O 

You can't fire Reich during his first season unless some scandal came out. The Jags got lucky with Urban Meyer being a scumbag. Reich is squeaky clean as a person unfortunately for the fans so he'll be lasting until at least the end of the season. And honestly he deserves at least the rest of the season to right the ship. There are still 8 games left to play and a lot can change. I'm not expecting a single thing to change, but the possibility exists and there's no way to make any real lasting changes until the season is over anyway. So what's the point? 

To me, if the Panthers are the worst team in the NFL at the end of the season, you have to clean house. Who cares if they're in year 1 or year 10, or two years removed from a Superbowl win. I've always been a firm believer that the worst team in the NFL should always fire their entire staff. You were the worst team, how can you keep your job? It's the literal definition of being a failure. 

But again a lot can change. If the Panthers show some progress, I think Reich might be able to keep his job. Not looking good though. 

• Beer 1