• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper and his qb desires

RumHam

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think that what he's getting at is that it's Tepper actually making the call. It was widely reported that it was Tepper who was so obsessed with pursuing Watson and it was only when the cost got to the point of absurdity he accepted that it wasn't worth THAT.

Basically Tepper pursued Watson until Watson threatened to come between him and the one thing he loves more than anything else.

Money 😕

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I think he wants anyone perceived to be an upgrade. 

I respect that he seems desperate to improve the team and isn’t a complacent, absentee owner. With that said, he clearly isn’t an evaluator of talent who should have input on the roster. 

The good thing is any QB is an upgrade at this point. He cant miss.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I respect that he seems desperate to improve the team and isn’t a complacent, absentee owner. With that said, he clearly isn’t an evaluator of talent who should have input on the roster. 

I'd be okay with that...if I thought he knew what an upgrade looked like.

Owners get criticized for not being interested in winning. I think truth be told, there are plenty who are interested in winning but have no idea how to do it.

That was Jerry Richardson. Unfortunately, it also is David Tepper.

5 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Question, and not trying to be facetious or anything but do we have evidence that Tepper has directly been involved with the building of this roster from top to bottom? I’m sure he’s had a say in high level things like QB but the rest of the team, idk.  I think Tepper has his faults for sure and should probably just hire good people to do good work on the football side.

However, I can’t sit here and genuinely say he has Jerry Jones level impact on how this roster has been constructed. That falls on Scott and his staff for failing to properly build a team with depth in multiple spots. Scott has been given free rein to reconstruct the front office and to this point, him and his staff have done a poor job of keeping the roster competitive internally w/depth and with the rest of the league. 

Tepper has issues for sure, but I genuinely think he wants to win. He just has sucked at hiring the right people to this point. I can’t blame him for Frank not having the team prepared week to week and installing a god awful offense but I can blame him for hiring Frank in the first place. It’s a duality with him. All we can do is hope that if he cleans house this offseason (which he should), that he actually hires good people the next time around.