• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer is an Absolute Idiot for Not Trading Brian Burns in 2022

Hoenheim

Most are down on Burns but I still think we end up getting good compensation out of it if he leaves. The issue is we cannot under any circumstances allow Scott Fitterer to use those picks.

Also while I fully admit I have been disappointed with Brian this season people who think Burn is total trash should prepare for the likelihood wherever he goes next he lights it up. That's been the trend for former Panthers and the amount of vitriol he received only makes it more likely.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This board is obsessed with Brian Burns.

The amount of people trashing Burns in the game thread yesterday was hilarious. I'm convinced Burns is the most hated player in Panthers history.

Never change Huddle.

Burns hasn't even reached peak Peppers hate yet.  Probably won't. 

Just now, frankw said:

Most are down on Burns but I still think we end up getting good compensation out of it if he leaves. The issue is we cannot under any circumstances allow Scott Fitterer to use those picks.

Also while I fully admit I have been disappointed with Brian this season people who think Burn is total trash should prepare for the likelihood wherever he goes next he lights it up. That's been the trend for former Panthers and the amount of vitriol he received only makes it more likely.

he had another poo game yesterday

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he had another poo game yesterday

He's long given up. We can bash him for it but at the end of the day I don't blame him. We picked either the wrong QB altogether or the worst of the bunch in the draft. He knows it and the rest of the team knows it. There's nothing left to play for. No pride. No semblance of culture. We're dead in the water.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This board is obsessed with Brian Burns.

The amount of people trashing Burns in the game thread yesterday was hilarious. I'm convinced Burns is the most hated player in Panthers history.

Never change Huddle.

He's not even close to the most hated player. In fact, he's hardly hated at all, in the actual way hate is meant and not the stupid, trite, eyeroll-inducing way 'hated' gets used these days.

What he is, however, is collateral damage to a high-profile event that way a legitimate fork, even if small, for the path of the franchise. He also wants big money, and with big money comes big scrutiny. Always been that way, nothing new here, so no, Burns is not unique in this circumstance.

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493behoy9wwxjs2v9cbm40u

What an absolute fuging moron. I never liked him since his first draft where OL was our biggest issue and he virtually ignored it.

He said a couple of equals and one negative. So, who was the negative? CMC or Moore? Did he really think Sanders was equal to CMC?

Just goes to show that some of us huddlers would have been better GMs despite all the Fitterer fans out there.

In hindsight yea but if the goal was to build from the success of the previous seasons than trading him was off the table, besides, everyone keeps pounding the table about this trade but fail to realize fitts still would be in control of what’s done with those picks, which he’s shown is lackluster to be polite 

19 hours ago, OldhamA said:

There are two franchise-defining moments in the last few years.

The first was when they turned down the absurd Burns trade. The second was when they made the trade up to #1 overall (regardless of who they picked).

I hated both moves then and sadly I've been proven right. We couldn't have sabotaged ourselves more if we tried. 

Yeah. I was begging people to wake up and watch the guy doing football stuff (not talking about itK. It took me about three or four rewinds and rewatches of the deep balls at his pro day, to get there.

At that point I could see questions needed to be asked, with answers that were not what people wanted to hear. 

Edited by stratocatter

21 hours ago, OldhamA said:

What defensive scheme would help Burns?

This one lets him stand up as a pass rusher and just try to run around the OT. We know he can't hold up as a 4-3 DE, he gets obliterated against the run. 

Burns has always been a situational pass rusher that should have never been taken in the 1st round. Dexter Lawrence was my pick. Wanted Hunter Renfrow from Clemson too.

I could give you my 80 man draft lists over the years & they've performed better than our front office. Those draft lists include late round picks & UDFAs.

Burns & Brown should have been traded. Not CMC & DJ Moore.