• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank throws Tepper under the bus

*FreeFua*

Reich isn't a young hc. He knows at this point he's is a dead man walking. He's getting a nice retirement package and this nightmare will be over soon. I'm sure all league personnel will be calling him about his experience and I'm sure he'll be telling them. I know he hasn't done the job we want but I honestly feel this staff got sabotaged with a qb they didn't want. He wanted a big arm qb that could make all the throws. He got an S2 savant instead whose test taking ability didn't translate remotely to the field.  NFL is a qb league. The Panthers are still without one and without draft capital because an owner who knows nothing about fb calls all the shots. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

During his entire head coaching career, Frank Reich's  two teams combined for a record of 42-48-1 across six seasons including going 1-2-0 in the playoffs.

Knowing Reich's' past six year record, how in the world did Tepper think he would instantly go from being a career loser to a sudden winner?

This is obviously a train wreck but people that are clamoring for a smash mouth run game are hypocrites. This site was just as bad when our team was 4-12 while running downhill power football. Everyone begged for a spread offense. Just because it isn’t working doesn’t mean you didn’t want this. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

This is obviously a train wreck but people that are clamoring for a smash mouth run game are hypocrites. This site was just as bad when our team was 4-12 while running downhill power football. Everyone begged for a spread offense. Just because it isn’t working doesn’t mean you didn’t want this. 

There is a ton of hypocrisy here post facts being revealed, a large number always wants to be on the correct side. 

But some people have their own philosophy regardless of what is popular and those people are not hypocrites. Myself, on this subject at least, I am way in the clear and a lot of others are as well.  I know what I said pre and post, hasn’t changed. Well, Reich is a black hole I didn’t see coming but I am not sitting here trying to say I did. Though I wanted Wilks over him. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 1

Reich was a convenient yes man and a way of quelling the firing of Wilks. He had to hire a Carolina guy of some capacity, to look like less of the scumbag he is in the locker room. He had to then crank the hype machine to validate the hire, taking those guys for fools…. Like they don’t have former player friends on the Colts to get the low down on Reich and realize the hype doesn’t sync up with the narrative. They’re probably double insulted now. 

I wanted Wilks, fresh offensive and defensive minds with his capacity as the CEO and not dictating play calling. After the finish last season, we would actually draw top coordinator talent because they would want to be a part of what we’re building. 

keep Sam, keep DJ, draft a stud TE, line stays intact, get some depth. Focus draft of d line and secondary. 

We draft qb this season, trading up if needed. Gently morph the offense as needed with the strengths of what we have. 

the league is ALWAYS and will always change.  By the time Tepper’s vision comes together, it will be passé and there will be a new hot scheme as even more rule changes occur. 

His ego, ignorance, insecurity, impatience, and inability to see that HE is the problem is the biggest problem going. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Mage said:

I'm not saying Tepper has been a good owner, but to think he is dictating the style of offense Reich runs seems ridiculous.  

He told Rivera to go from 4-3 to 3-4 and asked for them to run certain offensive plays… I wouldn’t take it out of the realm of possibility. He might not be dictating verbatim but he’s definitely influencing. 

• Pie 6

14 hours ago, Billy Goat said:

Not really sure that's what he's doing. It's more an admission that they all completely misjudged the ability of the guys up front to pass protect. Reich came in and implemented his usual offense and the personnel hasn't fit.

Do we really think Reich wanted to come here and be a run heavy team?

A lot of truth here in my opinion.

• Pie 1