• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seventy five percent of the games suck this season

Jmac

I really can't remember a recent season with so many boring low scoring games. The Panthers aren't alone in sucking by any means.

Thank God for the NFL network and Red Zone so I don't have to sit through some of these games.

What is the reason for this? Lousy QB play? Parity among the league? Refs killing the game?

Just boring sh%t most of the time.

• Pie 1

We started to lose our identity when Cam was let go for whatever reason, obviously new regime and a lot of changes but we just didn’t feel right..not saying it was solely him but we did change. Got it back with Wilks and started winning games even though it wasn’t flashy.. and got rid of his ass..

and then…. This. I worry we start to lose the guys that are keeping our defensive identity up as we figure things out on offense. It’ll get super super ugly then.

In short, I agree with Tre Bostons tweet if you saw it. We lost so many dawgs that could win off grit.. it might take some time to right this thing and we’ve already waited awhile 

Edited by CLG

I've had really zero interest in the NFL outside of us and I've had close to zero interest in us for about a month and a half now. For the first time in many many years I didn't watch a single second of football on Thanksgiving day. Sad state of affairs. At least the Hornets and Canes are holding my interest right now, although both have also been a bit disappointing so far.

• Beer 1

I think a major problem is the current world and age of the players.

I imagine they are having a really hard time focusing for the entire game.

Its fun to pick on Kyler Murray and all about Call of Duty, but how many of these players are hooked on things like Tik Tok, Instagram, and other major distractions?

COVID did a number on everyone too. I noticed in the 2021 season that the game felt like it went on forever, and the whole game felt like it had been played by halftime.

I think that we, as fans, have also had our brain chemistry and attention spans warped over the last couple of years.

14 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

I think a major problem is the current world and age of the players.

I imagine they are having a really hard time focusing for the entire game.

Its fun to pick on Kyler Murray and all about Call of Duty, but how many of these players are hooked on things like Tik Tok, Instagram, and other major distractions?

COVID did a number on everyone too. I noticed in the 2021 season that the game felt like it went on forever, and the whole game felt like it had been played by halftime.

I think that we, as fans, have also had our brain chemistry and attention spans warped over the last couple of years.

This is a really interesting theory. I was watching a Jim Ross, Stone Cold interview and they said the only thing the current generation of wrestlers can do better than the past generation(s) is play video games lol. There is no strive to be “the best” when you’re good enough to make millions and other things may be more interesting to you. Think about all of the people that have no desire to “climb the corporate ladder” these days. There is more to live for, and I think that certainly is the aftermath of Covid. 

As a fan the game does seem to drag. I really only watch interesting matchups instead of dedicating my entire Sunday and I find the sport way more tolerable as enjoyable that way. There isn’t enough talent to warrant spending the entire day watching terrible offenses.