• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper + Young

SaltAndPepper

5 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Does anyone know why DT was so infatuated with Young? Why he liked him over stroud? Its obvious he preferred him but i’m not sure why…

Guys like Tepper are spread sheet warriors, buying companies on PE ratios, earnings, EBITDA, etc, he uses his analysis more than his "gut"

His analysis with that dumb S2 report showed Young as an "elite" player

If you would use your eyes and just watched Young dice up Georgia, you knew he was pro ready. 

Alabama SEVERELY masked Bryce Young, they didn't win because of him, they won WITH him, put Young at UCLA or Duke and he doesn't elevate either program.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

I think Tepper thought the S2 test was some kind of QB evaluation cheat tool and he convinced himself that QB was such a cerebral position that actual physical talent took a distant backseat to mental ability. Unfortunately, there are physical prerequisites. There are plenty of guys who weren't very good QBs as players who have become very good coaches. It wasn't a lack of mental ability, they didn't have the physical ability.

• Pie 5

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Tepper thought the S2 test was some kind of QB evaluation cheat tool and he convinced himself that QB was such a cerebral position that actual physical talent took a distant backseat to mental ability. Unfortunately, there are physical prerequisites. There are plenty of guys who weren't very good QBs as players who have become very good coaches. It wasn't a lack of mental ability, they didn't have the physical ability.

correct... he thought that damn report was something magical

my warning signs when noodle arm refused to throw at the combine, we know why

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Does anyone know why DT was so infatuated with Young? Why he liked him over stroud? Its obvious he preferred him but i’m not sure why…

the better and bigger question is why does it matter what someone with zero football experience ‘prefers’?

the problem with Tepper isn’t what he prefers it’s that is that he thinks he matters and his opinion has value despite absolutely zero knowledge or experience

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

Alabama better this year without Young. Actually he was one of the worst from a win/loss title perspective of all Saban's qbs. 

Saban is a top 2 or 3 all time college coach. The guy knows how to get players ready to win college football games.  QB in the NFL is a completely different animal. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

He's a square and quiet.

Tepper wants a certain image and Bryce fits it.

Complete opposite of Cam Newton. He was flashy with a funky hairstyle. Young is a choir boy, polite, and not loud.

Unfortunately, that's not enough to play and win in the NFL 

• Pie 3