• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

Just now, Khyber53 said:

You're going to be surprised by how long that list will be. It's not a matter of what state the franchise has been or who the owner is... there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL and that puts each job in a very coveted position.

Really. Tepper has probably gotten 20 resumes from agents already this morning. 

Not only is the opportunity to become a HC a rarity, the financial gain from doing so is astounding. And even if they flame out, it adds massively to their future income if they move back down to the college level. Matt Rhule, as much as I dislike his coaching, is rolling in bucks right now.

Me, I'm just hoping that after Fitterer is ditched, Tepper hires on some serious consultants to help him make the decisions for HC and GM. He may have made the decision now just simply to get first crack at hiring those experts, since we know that at the least Washington will be doing the same.

Question being will we get a serious candidate for HC or someone looking for a quick payday?  Heck, I'd be willing to get fired in one year if the payout is $40 million.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

You're going to be surprised by how long that list will be. It's not a matter of what state the franchise has been or who the owner is... there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL and that puts each job in a very coveted position.

Really. Tepper has probably gotten 20 resumes from agents already this morning. 

Not only is the opportunity to become a HC a rarity, the financial gain from doing so is astounding. And even if they flame out, it adds massively to their future income if they move back down to the college level. Matt Rhule, as much as I dislike his coaching, is rolling in bucks right now.

Me, I'm just hoping that after Fitterer is ditched, Tepper hires on some serious consultants to help him make the decisions for HC and GM. He may have made the decision now just simply to get first crack at hiring those experts, since we know that at the least Washington will be doing the same.

You realize what a terrible argument this is, right?

You're saying the only people we can attract are the people who are grateful because they wouldn't get a shot at a well run organization, or people who don't care how well they perform because they stand to make a lot of money either way 

... that's not a good thing. You see that, right?

5 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Hate it for Frank the man but I think we all knew despite the rose colored glasses that being a homer, having the number 1 pick, the collective greatness of the staff on paper all brings that this was never going to work out. 

Even his staunchest defenders likely came to that realization around the Miami game I'd imagine. 

The offense is archaic and despite the holes on the roster (don't get me started on Fitt... firmly believe he should have been the first to go) there is simply no scheme, adjustment or improvement on a game by game basis. 

We bickered back and forth about "its just preseason" and when reporters questioned what our identity was as an offense because it was impossible to discern during our 4 games his response was "Good" as if it were all by design while the writing was on the wall the entire time. 

The fact that this offense after 11 putrid games makes me yearn for the days of Joe Brady, Ben McAdoo and Mike Shula should be all the confirmation needed something needed to change. I imagine he lost the locker room as well. Players have been checked out for about a month now.  

All the best to Frank and his family, it was a great story but that's all it was. 

Here's to hoping 3rd times the charm! 

This, 100%. 

It would have been one thing for the offense to start clicking—the players acclimating to the scheme and things start to work better. That would have indicated Frank’s convictions were at least somewhat justified. But the lack of improvement in that regard really drives home the fact that he was asking the players to do things they are not suited to do. He was not setting them up to succeed. 

And it would have been another thing for us to see more consistent attempts to alter the scheme to cater to the players’ strengths. We didn’t see that. The inability to adapt what they were trying to do really was startling. 

But we didn’t see either. Frank showed no evidence that he was even trying to right the ship. Only startlingly few instances of adding motion presnap, mixing in more man blocking concepts, etc. The level of disfunction may very well start at the top with Tepper. And Fitterer’s roster construction would strain any coach’s abilities, but banging your head against the wall trying to produce different results with the same methodology is certainly grounds for dismissal. 

Now we just have to hope the remaining staff can make some tweaks and show improved results to give us some hope going into next year. And then hope further that Tepper can hire a good coach who can both command/inspire the locker room and implement a more modern and flexible offense. 

Just now, Captroop said:

You realize what a terrible argument this is, right?

You're saying the only people we can attract are the people who are grateful because they wouldn't get a shot at a well run organization, or people who don't care how well they perform because they stand to make a lot of money either way 

... that's not a good thing. You see that, right?

I see you're looking at it incorrectly.

Let's see what transpires and see who was right.

• Pie 1

feels like the writing was on the wall with the ineptitude of reich passing play calling and then taking it back

Fitt needs to be gone, the audacity to come into this season praising what's been done to the roster and specifically the OL and then to see that product on the field is a joke