• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lowest point in team history btw

electro's horse

LOL at anyone thinking we've hit rock bottom yet.

No good coach is going to want to tie themselves to Bryce, I'd put it already at 50/50 shot that we are looking for a new coach again next offseason and a 90% chance that Tepper is just too afraid to fire someone 3 years in a row and then does it mid-season in 2025 (like he should have done with Reich next season).

We already know Bryce isn't our future QB and are stuck with him for at least 1 more season as the starter, potentially 2.

We're in for a very messy Burns situation this summer, there is no way he's signing here long term and he's not playing on the tag for us (I'd try to find a way to trade him for Aiyuk since the 49ers aren't going to be able to sign him long term, maybe the 49ers can convince him to take a chance on himself to play the season on the tag for them to make a SB run since they probably can't sign him long term either).

Outside of an unknown cap casualty, there are no elite WRs in this years FA class (I don't count Higgins since he's going to get tagged and traded, not hit the open market) and we obviously don't have a first round pick to take an elite one that way either.

We're still falling down the well and haven't reached the bottom yet, my hope is that it happens late next season, leading to us getting the #1 pick in 2025 to be able to replace Bryce with a real elite prospect at QB instead of someone with the arm strength of the average 4 star HS recruit.

Edited by tukafan21

8 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

This is the lowest because you can't dig out of it if the owner keeps messing up.............unless Tepper takes a back seat to everything or sells the team the chance of having a turnaround could indefinitely be on hold..............what worse situation could you ask for? 

never say how much worse could it get....because you ultimately find out... we won't start looking up till fitt is gone...but dipper keeps his shovel and keeps diggin..

Edited by Johnstonny

2 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

I 100% agree fiz.  1st time I've had zero hope for the next season, long before it starts.  

I should outlive Tepper so there's a glimmer of hope I guess. 

you going to outlive his wife?

We are f*cked. Tepper is the worst owner of all 4 professional sports leagues

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, MechaZain said:

nah that would be 2019 when we lost Cam, Luke, and Greg. 

To be fair, only Luke was still the player we loved.  Cam had duct tape holding his shoulder on and Greg's foot was broken constantly.  Luke had some concussions earlier, but over his last three years only had one which caused him to miss one game.  Luke was still great.