• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Young safe?

TheBigKat

One year with potentially the worst supporting cast ever fielded for a rookie QB isn't enough time to evaluate. Of course Bryce is going to get another year with (hopefully) a new GM and coach that can at least give him a chance. I don't know if Bryce is going to be our franchise QB or not but there's no way to know right now either way.

• Pie 2

You guys are foolish; are you suggesting we hire a coach that isn't convinced Bryce is a good QB and can make him sucessful?

Immediately setting yourself up for failure because we have no means to acquire another QB.  

The new guy has to be committed to making him successful and then evaluating once he's had a legit shot.  

• Pie 1

Just now, jamos14 said:

The only way you can eat a cow is one bite at a time.  Gotta start somewhere.   

Fitterer needs to go so we can bring in some FA and draft picks that actually make a difference.

Agree. But you can't do all of that forcing the new GM or coach to build an entire team around one single player who is not showing much, if anything, in terms of elevating the players around him. 

You bring in a new team CEO, GM and HC, the best you can get given our situation, and let them build their team. If they feel Bryce is worth building around, give them the freedom to do it. If they don't, give them the freedom to not build around him. 

You can hamstring yourself by limiting yourself to only people who believe in Bryce. You have to get people who know football, and can make an evaluation for the good of the team, whether you like it or not. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Agree. But you can't do all of that forcing the new GM or coach to build an entire team around one single player who is not showing much, if anything, in terms of elevating the players around him. 

You bring in a new team CEO, GM and HC, the best you can get given our situation, and let them build their team. If they feel Bryce is worth building around, give them the freedom to do it. If they don't, give them the freedom to not build around him. 

You can hamstring yourself by limiting yourself to only people who believe in Bryce. You have to get people who know football, and can make an evaluation for the good of the team, whether you like it or not. 

I agree with everything you are saying.   I also think it's impossible for anybody to properly evaluate Bryce and the coaches considering coming here will feel that same way.

27 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It's funny now that Frank has been fired that the ESPN talking heads are NOW questioning Bryce.  Sure, they are still making some excuses because of his supporting cast, but this is the first time I have heard them openly questioning if he's going pan out as a QB1.  Rex Ryan didn't mince words, he said Bryce was not going to cut it in the NFL.

Rex shits on everyone. He’s a clown that couldn’t make it in the league himself.

• Pie 1

Bryce was the clear #1 pick. He’s not Josh Rosen. He’s Tua, and smart coaches/gm know that talent doesn’t just disappear. But y’all are just destined to be miserable. Don’t cheer for this team when they’re good with Bryce. @mrcompletely11 @LinvilleGorge we’re at the beginning of a new dawn. Please keep them same energy the next few years. 

• Poo 2

8 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Don’t know why the insults must continue. I’ve had several warnings by Mods when I insult people here, but yet you can post demeaning insults here without consequence. 

If you want to talk football, then talk football and stop with the insults. 

Yeah the double standards with the mods are ridiculous. I get a warning for calling someone an idiot but they can do whatever they want in here. Why I hardly post anymore. 

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

You guys are foolish; are you suggesting we hire a coach that isn't convinced Bryce is a good QB and can make him sucessful?

Immediately setting yourself up for failure because we have no means to acquire another QB.  

The new guy has to be committed to making him successful and then evaluating once he's had a legit shot.  

They dont have to be convinced. Bryce is nothing but potential right now. All they can do is layout a strategy of how they can get the most out of him and if he doesnt live up to it they can move on if warranted. This is the basis for any coach in this situation. No coach should have to worry about job security if a Qb they didnt draft doesnt pan out. 

Bryce is going to get a 2nd chance.  He's different from Trey Lance because Lance had plenty of opportunities to play but kept getting himself hurt.  Bryce is in a bad situation.  The OL stinks.  The plays are not well designed.  He's not getting coached hard enough because his mechanics suck.

The current staff led by Reich is failing Bryce.  Maybe this will be the kick in the ass they all need to step up?

Or it will be more of the same (that's where my money would be if I were a gambler - but I'm not!).