• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to speak on Tuesday

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Dude - you're just being a fool if you think Tepper doesn't meddle.  Did Jerry Richardson go on pro days in 2011?  He met Cam once and signed off on the pick but he let his people do their job 

Do I think the owner should meet the player selected #1 overall by his team? Yes. #1 overall players are generally franchise changing level talents, especially if that player is a QB. It's natural for the owner to want to meet them before the team picks them and invests in them and the future of the team. 

Do I think the owner should be at all the scouting events, pro days, and analyzing that player's value on the football field? Unless that owner is a professional scout or football administrator, the answer is a resounding no. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

And I thought up until the last statement, it was telling that he talked about conviction around Bryce in "past tense".  He probably then saw the faces in the room and realized he needed to say something positive about Bryce.  

CJ Stroud was clearly the best pick in the draft, and Bryce not likely to  even be the second best when it's all said and done. 

"Hindsight is 50/50!" -Cam Newton

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, frankw said:

People are really in here trying to run interference for Tepper after that mess lol

I just don't know what people expect.  He is a billionaire owner and alpha male type business man.  He is not going to completely humble himself publicly.

At a minimum, he acknowledged fans frustrations that they way he has done things haven't been anywhere near successful.  

It also appears that Fitterer is on the way out.

He didn't confirm/deny that he would hire a coaching firm.   But that doesn't mean he wont.

He seemed slightly more humbled than he has been.  He still sucks but I'm reserving hope that he handles this search the correct way.

His poo about the music and events is whack and tone deaf.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, jamos14 said:

I just don't know what people expect.  He is a billionaire owner and alpha male type business man.  He is not going to completely humble himself publicly.

At a minimum, he acknowledged fans frustrations that they way he has done things haven't been anywhere near successful.  

It also appears that Fitterer is on the way out.

He didn't confirm/deny that he would hire a coaching firm.   But that doesn't mean he wont.

He seemed slightly more humbled than he has been.  He still sucks but I'm reserving hope that he handles this search the correct way.

His poo about the music and events is whack and tone deaf.  

I got the complete opposite. He took a press conference following the firing of yet another head coach only 11 games into the first season in the midst of one of the most disastrous seasons in team history and used it as an opportunity to once again blovate and toot his own horn about his knowledge of running a professional football operation. He dodged the subject of Fitterer.

I didn't get any level of humility or possible inkling of a willingness to cede any level of power to an outsider to run the operation for him.

This was absolutely more of the same.

• Pie 2