• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RPO is coming

Ghostofdelhomme

3 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Matrix? Not to be rude, but are you talking college? Everyone likes showing his good stuff that came against college level athletes. 

All due respect, I know a couple of guys have missed him in the pros. I don’t think people should get carried away thinking he is NFL mobile.

For fun… Strength, I don’t know, how strong does he look? You are seeing something in a light that I don’t see it in. I honestly don’t think his main issue is strength, but think that he could be a little above kicker strength level. Probably some WRs around his level but I would guess one of the weaker players in the league, excluding a number of kickers. 

No I'm talking strictly pros. Honestly I didn't watch much of him at Alabama, so I really wouldn't even know where to begin discussing that time in his career. 

I've seen him give LBs and Safeties moves in the open field that left them standing in place - more than a few times. I've seen him lower his shoulder to get 1st downs. I watched him break 2 tackles by defensive linemen that had him in the grasp last Sunday (on the same play), as the pocket completely collapsed, on his way to a first down run. 

He's not Cam but he's stronger than he looks - particularly because he is really small for a QB. He's not Lamar, but he's elusive in the open field. It's ok not to like him, and still acknowledge what he's done and is able to do. And not just make up in your mind that he can't do anything, at all, ever. It's ok. He's gonna be here for at least another 22 games or so, no matter how he plays. Maybe as fans we can support the positives and be optimistic the negatives will improve with time and help from his coaches, playcallers and team mates. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Navy_football said:

No I'm talking strictly pros. Honestly I didn't watch much of him at Alabama, so I really wouldn't even know where to begin discussing that time in his career. 

I've seen him give LBs and Safeties moves in the open field that left them standing in place - more than a few times. I've seen him lower his shoulder to get 1st downs. I watched him break 2 tackles by defensive linemen that had him in the grasp last Sunday (on the same play), as the pocket completely collapsed, on his way to a first down run. 

He's not Cam but he's stronger than he looks - particularly because he is really small for a QB. He's not Lamar, but he's elusive in the open field. It's ok not to like him, and still acknowledge what he's done and is able to do. And not just make up in your mind that he can't do anything, at all, ever. It's ok. He's gonna be here for at least another 22 games or so, no matter how he plays. Maybe as fans we can support the positives and be optimistic the negatives will improve with time and help from his coaches, playcallers and team mates. 

You have a low bar for “matrix” then.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:52 PM, Navy_football said:

I don't know. He's shown himself to be pretty elusive when given a chance to get in space. We'll see. 

Yea I kind of agree but he does needs space, one hand clip pretty much anywhere on him and he will go down. I think the oline is a bigger concern for these plays personally and will get young killed

6 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I think you overestimate the strength.  My opinion. Thinking you may have missed a one or two finger sack, maybe game 2. Early in the year. Went right down. Not a great moment. 

We’ll definitely disagree on his future.

All iMO..He can make some pro level throws, really pretty, but I don’t see it when people say all the throws. Well, all the throws at high level. I don’t think he has any high level deep throws.  This is so crazy to me because I see him far far far from being the guy you move heaven and earth for to make him top overall pick; I see him as a liability. He does not have the extra zip and when they try and go deep to try and stretch that field, I am afraid we are going to see that. 

It shapes up to be very interesting and worth watching. at least for the answer.

A liability in the passing game, and guess what? Yep. He hurts the running game because of his size, because he is disadvantaged under center, seemingly and because he shouldn’t be doing any                                                                                                                                                                         actual running… I think reality for me looks like: he is not gonna be matrixing nearly as many people in my estimates as in yours.

He just doesn’t measure up anywhere for me, and I am still waiting on that processor to go cha ching. 

I really wish I felt differently. 

6 hours ago, stratocatter said:

I think you overestimate the strength.  My opinion. Thinking you may have missed a one or two finger sack, maybe game 2. Early in the year. Went right down. Not a great moment. 

We’ll definitely disagree on his future.

All iMO..He can make some pro level throws, really pretty, but I don’t see it when people say all the throws. Well, all the throws at high level. I don’t think he has any high level deep throws.  This is so crazy to me because I see him far far far from being the guy you move heaven and earth for to make him top overall pick; I see him as a liability. He does not have the extra zip and when they try and go deep to try and stretch that field, I am afraid we are going to see that. 

It shapes up to be very interesting and worth watching. at least for the answer.

A liability in the passing game, and guess what? Yep. He hurts the running game because of his size, because he is disadvantaged under center, seemingly and because he shouldn’t be doing any                                                                                                                                                                         actual running… I think reality for me looks like: he is not gonna be matrixing nearly as many people in my estimates as in yours.

He just doesn’t measure up anywhere for me, and I am still waiting on that processor to go cha ching. 

I really wish I felt differently. 

I can respect that. 

Of course it's coming,  Tepper has someone at head coach that will listen and let him interject himself into gameplanning.  Which he's been trying to do and word is its the reason frank took back playcalling because Thomas was listening to tepper on what plays to add for the week and schemes to add. 

Edited by carpanfan96