• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'm definitely known as someone here who bites my tongue and is afraid to say what I actually think. 😂

Believe whatever you want. I don't care. 

You don't need to type hate for people to know you hate. Calling Bryce can not be a NFL QB just cause he struggling with no o-line and playmakers is a joke. You and many here likely said the same thing about Peyton when he led the league with 28 interceptions and benched with the worst record in the league as a rookie but i think he turn out okay.

12 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

You don't need to type hate for people to know you hate. Calling Bryce can not be a NFL QB just cause he struggling with no o-line and playmakers is a joke. You and many here likely said the same thing about Peyton when he led the league with 28 interceptions and benched with the worst record in the league as a rookie but i think he turn out okay.

he started 16 games that year what are you talking about

also was better in pretty much every counting stat than bryce is this year, with the exception of interceptions. Of course peyton had the disadvantage of being able to keep passes past 20 yards inbounds

also played back when defenses could still hit people. Bryce wouldn't make it a month in the late nineties NFL. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

he started 16 games that year what are you talking about

also was better in pretty much every counting stat than bryce is this year, with the exception of interceptions. Of course peyton had the disadvantage of being able to keep passes past 20 yards inbounds

also played back when defenses could still hit people. Bryce wouldn't make it a month in the late nineties NFL. 

FYI he was here before the draft under a different username and he was the most toxic pro Bryce Young poster to the point he got banned for being excessively abusive to others who did not share his view.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Saying that Bryce doesn't look to have NFL talent isn't "hate". I don't hate Bryce the person. He seems like a legitimately nice guy. But that doesn't make him an NFL QB. I've been one of the people on here most vocal pushing back against people mad at Bryce and his camp for "duping" the Panthers. Their job during the pre-draft process is to maximize his draft status, period. You can't get mad at Bryce and his team for the Panthers' talent evaluation incompetence.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

I have stated more than once he's been struggling as a rookie but i would NEVER say he can't play in the NFL like many here do or that it was a mistake to draft him. The was the RIGHT pick but i have criticized many times on here that the TRADE to move up was horrendous! Only a FOOL would trade not only 2 1st round picks plus our ONLY true playmaker that NO other team would do. Even the 49ers refused to trade any of their playmakers and they had plenty but was willing to trade 3 1st round picks plus more change just to move up to draft Trey Lance. The fool is our GM and he should have been fired immediately for doing just that!!!!

I don't disagree with any of that, especially trading DJ since they had a second golden opportunity to offload Burns and didn't do it, but it doesn't change that Bryce has looked poor int he chances that he's had. Missed downfield throws, behind receivers, weak arm... he is not impressive at all. Nothing has stood out as anywhere near his draft status even considering the state of the team around him. At this point in time, he sucks, and there is little on film to be encouraged about. 

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

That's just total horseshit. Nice fantasy you have going there with those college clips in your posts. Live there, it is a much friendlier place than NFL for junior. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

On 12/12/2023 at 6:29 AM, electro's horse said:

Bryce looks, acts, and plays like a spoiled rich kid who has spent his entire life bouncing between thousand dollar a day qb camps and elite high schools and colleges where he was always surrounded by the best players and has never faced a shred of adversity.

Dude is Zach Wilson without the arm talent and maybe even less comfortable around black people. 

You’re not imagining it, that’s exactly what happened. A wealthy spoiled kid from Pasadena, CA was catered to, shielded from adversity his entire life, now he doesn’t know how to handle it, and not that this matters but he does surround himself with mostly white people. 

I guarantee most of the people ITT and the people in Panthers media begging for people to treat him kinder A. Don’t watch the games anymore B. Don’t understand how the NFL works. NFL franchise QBs are held to a ridiculously high standard, In New York our situation would be Armageddon, he’d have hit pieces written about him daily. No one ever felt bad for Zach Wilson.

24 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

You’re not imagining it, that’s exactly what happened. A wealthy spoiled kid from Pasadena, CA was catered to, shielded from adversity his entire life, now he doesn’t know how to handle it, and not that this matters but he does surround himself with mostly white people. 

I guarantee most of the people ITT and the people in Panthers media begging for people to treat him kinder A. Don’t watch the games anymore B. Don’t understand how the NFL works. NFL franchise QBs are held to a ridiculously high standard, In New York our situation would be Armageddon, he’d have hit pieces written about him daily. No one ever felt bad for Zach Wilson.

This is beginning to check out unfortunately. What makes it even more sad is it was CJ Stroud who got the mistreatment through the draft process and he didn't even do anything wrong. All he did was show he's a baller with top end arm talent. While BY was ducking the combine.

Beyond the physical questions I just don't know that Young is ever going to be "that guy" in a locker room. He is very soft spoken. For all the talk of leadership I rarely see any spark from him on the field. It would be nice to see some kind of fire or really anything to give us the impression he gives a poo. His general vibe and demeanor reminds me of this.

Edited by frankw

In the NYC media, today, you would just as likely get the victim angle on why he sucks. They’d hit the coach really hard and the owner really hard but he would have to do something to piss them off before they would turn it on him. 

I would imaging two inch headlines if he got a new position coach and it wasn’t working out. Who is it now? Caldwell? They’d have the Caldwell watch and every failure of any kind it would be someone not named Bryce at fault.

The Bryce is Wrong! No… It would be like:

Caldwell Fails Test

Veteran Coach Re-Assigned 

Who’s Next? 
Tepper Gathering Intel on Doug Flutie

And so on with the sidebar links….

It's a shame we all respect Zod so much for bringing us this site. Because I'd love to see a real honest to god Put Up Or Shut Up scenario here: If you back Bryce and he turns it around, you can stay//If you back him and he fails next season ... you leave the Huddle. --- If you dislike Bryce and he turns it around, you leave//If you dislike Bryce and he fails next season you can stay.

If anything, it'd make for an entertaining almost "fantasy" like atmosphere during the season. Each "side" will be rooting for the "trolls" to leave at some point lol. But like I said, we like Zod. Seeing users log off forever would hurt him.

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0

Random little sidebar but it's fascinating how people treat fan opinions like bloodsport where one side has to be proven right or something.  It's all quite silly.  

Teams can look like crap, players can look like crap, coaches can coach like crap, and the fans have every right to call it out.  They're just fans calling what they're seeing, it's not like it's doing much...just digital shouting from the stands. 

So the team, coaching, & Bryce has looked like crap from the majority of eyes.  We're just random spectators at the end of the day, can't take it too seriously.  We're fans of a team not winning much so far in our lifetimes (and for the foreseeable future).  

What I've never understood are those who take their focus as a fan, just hanging, watching a team get destroyed weekly, getting nerdy about the stats and transactions...and rather spend their energy criticizing how other fans should perceive the team, players, etc. Just stahp.

Fan critics are the worst.

giphy.gif

And re: Bryce specifically -- Trying to find any solid definition around him, right now, is just not happening.  It's leaning in the bust direction, but it's all just wasted effort at this stage.  It's interesting to break down what's, well, breaking down, to try and gauge the situation, games, plays...but getting into a spat that he's somehow going to breakthrough vs. definitively bust just seems like a waste of energy. 

I will say--I'd rather be pleasantly proven wrong than continually lower standards, while shouting at other fans that they need to be nicer/more forgiving of poor play.  

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Why not compare Young to Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Clausen, or Josh Rosen? They too had horrible rookie years. 

Manning played 16 games in his rookie year in a league that was much more physical. He threw for 3739 yards and 26 TDs, averaging 6.5 yards per attempt. Bryce at 12 games has only 2192 yards and 9 TDs, averaging 5.3 yards per attempt. At his current pace of production, it would take Bryce 35 games to match Manning's TD total.

A much better comparison would be Josh Rosen, who played 14 games in his rookie year and passed for 2278 yards, with 11 TDs and 14 INTs, averaging 5.8 yards per attempt. That's pretty much on par with Bryce on all the important parameters.

So where is Josh Rosen now? 

• Pie 1