• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

13 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

A much better comparison would be Josh Rosen, who played 14 games in his rookie year and passed for 2278 yards, with 11 TDs and 14 INTs, averaging 5.8 yards per attempt. That's pretty much on par with Bryce on all the important parameters.

So where is Josh Rosen now? 

That cardinals team ended two careers, Sam Bradford and Rosen. However, they had Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk, both of whose jockstraps are better than any Panther WR. 

4 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Why not compare Young to Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Clausen, or Josh Rosen? They too had horrible rookie years. 

Manning played 16 games in his rookie year in a league that was much more physical. He threw for 3739 yards and 26 TDs, averaging 6.5 yards per attempt. Bryce at 12 games has only 2192 yards and 9 TDs, averaging 5.3 yards per attempt. At his current pace of production, it would take Bryce 35 games to match Manning's TD total.

A much better comparison would be Josh Rosen, who played 14 games in his rookie year and passed for 2278 yards, with 11 TDs and 14 INTs, averaging 5.8 yards per attempt. That's pretty much on par with Bryce on all the important parameters.

So where is Josh Rosen now? 

The reason is that none of those QB you listed were the TOP choice on my draft board in their draft class. I had Manning over Leaf, Megatron over JaMarcus by a mile. Demaryius Thomas over Clausen, and Calvin Ridley over Rosen from those names you mentioned. Besides, I knew coming into those drafts that neither Rosen nor JaMarcus were passionate about the game let alone winning. Both treated those games as a hobby and can walk away like its no big deal but most here only look at attributes like JM big cannon arm as why they wanted him. I look for intangibles like their clutch genes along with the passion to do what it takes to win! So unless there was a standout QB that meets all of my criteria in the draft, I would take an elite playmaking receiver everytime as they open up the game more than QB can which I seem to be the only one here who thinks that way!

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

The reason is that none of those QB you listed were the TOP choice on my draft board in their draft class. I had Manning over Leaf, Megatron over JaMarcus by a mile. Demaryius Thomas over Clausen, and Calvin Ridley over Rosen from those names you mentioned. Besides, I knew coming into those drafts that neither Rosen nor JaMarcus were passionate about the game let alone winning. Both treated those games as a hobby and can walk away like its no big deal but most here only look at attributes like JM big cannon arm as why they wanted him. I look for intangibles like their clutch genes along with the passion to do what it takes to win! So unless there was a standout QB that meets all of my criteria in the draft, I would take an elite playmaking receiver everytime as they open up the game more than QB can which I seem to be the only one here who thinks that way!

Lol

8 hours ago, strato said:

That's just total horseshit. Nice fantasy you have going there with those college clips in your posts. Live there, it is a much friendlier place than NFL for junior. 

Oh so its okay for Peyton to led the league in picks as a rookie or Troy Aikman was WINLESS in his rookie year for the Cowboys but its NOT okay for Bryce?!?!?!?! You are a bs liar and can't even admit it that i am right. These fans on here would attack those Hall of Famers as bust by claiming they are NOT NFL QB like Bryce is being accuse of as a rookie like none of you haters learn anything by repeating the garbage attacks over and over like a broken record. Once Bryce joins Troy and Peyton in the HOF as all 3 early on was born with winning intangibles like clutch under pressure while being humble as pie without a selfish bone in their bodies, which are traits of greatness in my book.  Not if but when that happens, i will be the only one here who knew it will happen, unlike all you haters here who continues to ridicule him like yourself.

https://highschool.si.com/california/2023/04/28/nfl-draft-bryce-young-carolina-panthers-elite-human-being

27 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Oh so its okay for Peyton to led the league in picks as a rookie or Troy Aikman was WINLESS in his rookie year for the Cowboys but its NOT okay for Bryce?!?!?!?! You are a bs liar and can't even admit it that i am right. These fans on here would attack those Hall of Famers as bust by claiming they are NOT NFL QB like Bryce is being accuse of as a rookie like none of you haters learn anything by repeating the garbage attacks over and over like a broken record. Once Bryce joins Troy and Peyton in the HOF as all 3 early on was born with winning intangibles like clutch under pressure while being humble as pie without a selfish bone in their bodies, which are traits of greatness in my book.  Not if but when that happens, i will be the only one here who knew it will happen, unlike all you haters here who continues to ridicule him like yourself.

https://highschool.si.com/california/2023/04/28/nfl-draft-bryce-young-carolina-panthers-elite-human-being

You just don’t get it man. We’re 13 weeks in and we have seen nothing indicating he’s an NFL QB. His style doesn’t work in the NFL where you only have a 2.5 seconds. They’re saying they’re going to work on his footwork after the season, there’s a chance he can’t even do a normal drop back, he’s struggling with basic operational stuff still. Meanwhile peoples careers are ending bc of this. Coaches who had long track records of success are being fired and will never work again. Most our players have no market value anymore. Tepper’s decision is ruining lives

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

Your draft board? Is that the Magna Noodle toy you carry with on your daily ride on the short bus? Get out of here with your stupid hot takes, short pants! 

7 hours ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

You just don’t get it man. We’re 13 weeks in and we have seen nothing indicating he’s an NFL QB. His style doesn’t work in the NFL where you only have a 2.5 seconds. They’re saying they’re going to work on his footwork after the season, there’s a chance he can’t even do a normal drop back, he’s struggling with basic operational stuff still. Meanwhile peoples careers are ending bc of this. Coaches who had long track records of success are being fired and will never work again. Most our players have no market value anymore. Tepper’s decision is ruining lives

Which coaches are you referencing? Because Frank Reich was fired mid season just last year so there is no way you are talking about him, right?

47 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Your draft board? Is that the Magna Noodle toy you carry with on your daily ride on the short bus? Get out of here with your stupid hot takes, short pants! 

you mean you don't keep your 1998 nfl mock draft trapper keeper around at all times in case you need to win an argument?

I can PROVE i was right about Greg Ellis being good enough to play nose tackle in the nfl

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

you mean you don't keep your 1998 nfl mock draft trapper keeper around at all times in case you need to win an argument?

I can PROVE i was right about Greg Ellis being good enough to play nose tackle in the nfl

I had Vonnie Holiday over Jason Peter that year too. It's right there, jotted down next to my algebra homework.

I think the thing that sticks out, is teams are sitting in the middle of the field  now. Notice how Adam is barely catching anything now.   Last game the coaches made Bryce Throw it deep on back to back plays to soften the defense later on. The problem is, he hasn't been accurate throwing deep, so the teams don't feel threatened! Yes we may can scheme up more rub routes and etc but the playbook will forever be limited. He just isn't comfortable  throwing deep or to the sidelines  and now he looks scared throwing over the middle bc teams are feasting on interceptions there. The only plays he makes now are when he scrambles and throws. A ton of us saw that coming in and noticed that was his main strength. Well that doesn't work as much in the NFL unless you have the arm to make EVERY throw on the run. You also don't want to bank on off script plays as your bread n butter.   I wanted to give him a shot and I know he could improve with better  coaching  but we will be forever limited with him at QB. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 2

I don’t understand thinking you will always be limited by this player, but want to give him a shot. They are major deficiencies. Height. He can’t see where he is throwing, and the arm is just not enough to make up for anything at all. I don’t get it. 

• Pie 3

46 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t understand thinking you will always be limited by this player, but want to give him a shot. They are major deficiencies. Height. He can’t see where he is throwing, and the arm is just not enough to make up for anything at all. I don’t get it. 

He will always be limited to certain systems and passing concepts.

• Beer 1