• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were GM, how would you use our that first pick in round 2?

SCO96

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Marty was flat out better. Marty always had good things to hang his hat on.   Marty flat out drafted some dominant players.  

Not even close if you look and compare Marty 3 years into the role here.    Marty was dare I say….good….in that early window overall. 

Marty 2.0 was bad with some similar traits like falling in love with a player (like Grier and Little) and reaching/trading up when he probably could have waited or drafted someone a lot better. That said he (2.0) and Gettleman were miles ahead of Fitterer. You can legitimately state that Fitterer has yet to draft an impact player that has contributed more than an average starter for us. Horn might be the closest but he’s barely played. His draft record when including all the picks traded away is legitimately abysmal right now.

• Beer 1

It really depends on who the new head coach is going to be.  I think this offensive scheme does not fit our O-line at all.  

Get Young to get used to being under center instead of pistol or shotgun and run the ball.  From what I read our best performance in the run game was he was under center.  If we have a different scheme it may put our O-line back to the 2022 season.   We could than focus on a well disciplined WR.

You value OL and WRs and rank them. Whoever is there and highest on your board, take. You do this for every pick after as well. We can improve the D just by getting healthy, maybe adding somebody in FA or via trade. We draft OL and WR and hop to God our next staff can develop talent from the draft 

To do list...

1. Trade Burns for 1st and 2025 2nd.

2. 1st - WR (Xavier Worthy?) 2nd - OT (move Icky to G)  3rd - Center (bozeman is terrible) 4th - Best RB available.  Gotta give Bryce a chance with decent supporting cast.

In 2025, if bryce is still struggling and we are picking in top 5, gotta go QB.

19 hours ago, SCO96 said:

In this scenario you go into the 2024 draft knowing that Bryce will be starting the season as the #1 QB on the depth chart. What would be your top priority in round 2: O-line, WR, TE, dare I say it…pick another QB, or would you trade down for additional choices (big mistake if you ask me)?

I think this draft is critical. I just don’t see Carolina acquiring top free agents after the disastrous 2023 season. This team is sorely lacking in talent so we can’t afford to miss on this pick. We need to find a starter in the 2nd round (and round 3 to be honest).

This team needs talent on that oline 

they drafted a midget 

he needs a great center and two above average guards 

they have neither..,

decide what offense they are running and draft accordingly 

consider, per stats, from Peter King, Bozeman, the Tepper’s’ buddy  (who a contract has been sunk into) was ranked number 32 of starting centers in pass pro) 

consider both  guards are getting injured and they are coming off injury and Corbett may never be the same and was he truly that great in any case

with the draft picks they have they need to fix that oline   They sunk a lot of assets into young…too many, so protect him 

this team sucks at drafting WRs…get one or two in free agency and move on.

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

trade burns for whatever you can get him for at this point. hopefully at least a first rounder.

throw all your chips on speedy WRs and beefy OL all offseason.

The Lions (at the moment) are poised to do well in the playoffs but their defense still needs play makers and will be their Achilles heel, I hope the go “eff them picks” mode and want to acquire someone like Burns in the off season.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Penix is a lefty, so Ickey would be on his front side an Moton on his blindside.  Without shuffling the cards, this could be a quick fix if only we can solidify the guard positions.

Penix has a pretty nasty injury history, is older, and is throwing to NFL WRs against PAC12 defenses. I like him, but with our OL and weapons he will end up on IR. We need to do what you were wanting us to do last year. Bite the bullet and actually build an offense before trying another QB. 

You will NOT get a top notch QB in the second round..... picking a mediocre QB and putting him in the same situation as where Bryce is in right now doesn't make much sense.... insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result.  Build around the QB position first and then see what we should do next year (when we undoubtedly have a better draft position)