• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Albert Breer, Scott Fitterer’s job as the GM is not safe

TheSpecialJuan

Context to the clip:

Breer's speculation here doesn't directly say that Fitterer is in danger of getting fired just because.

He interprets his "no" answer as being because he thinks David Tepper is going to "prioritize the head coaching position", meaning that if a head coaching candidate wants a certain GM, he'll be willing to sacrifice Fitterer to get that candidate.

Basically the answer is "no, if this happens".

Mind you, Fitterer could still be fired depending on a lot of other things, but this particular answer should be understood in proper context.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Context to the clip:

Breer's speculation here doesn't directly say that Fitterer is in danger of getting fired just because.

He interprets his "no" answer as being because he thinks David Tepper is going to "prioritize the head coaching position", meaning that if a head coaching candidate wants a certain GM, he'll be willing to sacrifice Fitterer to get that candidate.

Mind you, Fitterer could still be fired depending on a lot of other things, but this particular answer should be understood in proper context.

Such a disgrace. Hire a competent GM that well respected long time NFL advisors recommend and then let that GM hire the HC.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Context to the clip:

This is very likely the exact situation. If a head coaching candidate is that big of a get, Tepper will jettison Fitterer and let the coach be involved in selecting someone to work with. That could be a good thing or a disastrous thing, depending on the dynamic that develops.

Retaining Fitterer and his staff including the scouting departments, though, will continue to be a disastrous thing down the road. 

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

This is very likely the exact situation. If a head coaching candidate is that big of a get, Tepper will jettison Fitterer and let the coach be involved in selecting someone to work with. That could be a good thing or a disastrous thing, depending on the dynamic that develops.

Retaining Fitterer and his staff including the scouting departments, though, will continue to be a disastrous thing down the road. 

I get that, but I'm still of the opinion that letting a head coach pick the GM is an ass backwards approach.

If you want to replace Fitterer, fine, but It should be the GM picking the head coach. An employee choosing their boss is just not a great idea.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get that, but I'm still of the opinion that letting a head coach pick the GM is an ass backwards approach.

If you want to replace Fitterer, fine, but It should be the GM picking the head coach. An employee choosing their boss is just not a great idea.

Oh, I agree. That's the way it is supposed to work.

But here, the owner seems to be very, very inserted into the chain of command further down than is practical. It's just a mess.

And in our case, maybe it would be better if someone at least familiar with football makes the GM decision. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Oh, I agree. That's the way it is supposed to work.

But here, the owner seems to be very, very inserted into the chain of command further down than is practical. It's just a mess.

And in our case, maybe it would be better if someone at least familiar with football makes the GM decision. 

That's where the idea of getting a team president and having them make the decisions on leadership comes in.

• Beer 1

I hope so, results have been bad so far. I'm not really sure where the disconnect between the drafting and signing of players and them not working in our ( at least offensive ) scheme comes from but it needs to be rooted out. Coaching sucks we know that, they are gone. Scouting and drafting also suck, they should be gone but we will see. I think Fitts analytic leaning process need to be funneled through a true GM who is more pure football. It's always been that way with football....it just isn't baseball. Its a gladiator sport and numbers cannot tell the whole story on a player period. 

Edited by PanthersGTI