• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers abandoning Wofford for training camp, will be in Charlotte

TN05

37 minutes ago, blackcat said:

Tepper is going to sh*t for everything he does, but I don't see this as a big deal or a bad decision.  He could move training camp to Pittsburgh for all I care.

The moving it isn't likely to be as big a deal as it will be when he starts charging for attendance.

And yes, that's coming.

It's certainly possible that Tepper doesn't give a sh-t about the South Carolina side of the fanbase anymore.

Might be wise for him to remember though that it's not like the team is exactly growing its fanbase in their current status.

Are the Panthers really in a position to take any fans for granted?

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, blackcat said:

Without a doubt.  It's actually surprising he hasn't already started charging admission to TC.  

Cant do that until the team is good on the field.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's certainly possible that Tepper doesn't give a sh-t about the South Carolina side of the fanbase anymore.

Because they arent going back to Wofford?  It was an antiquated way of doing things and its main purpose was a way for Richardson to pump money into the school he went to without him having to give it to them directly.  They've been trying to get away from that arrangement for years.  I dont think it has anything to do with their attitude towards fans in SC.

• Pie 3

23 hours ago, MHS831 said:

It seems as if Tepper can't even get the practice facilities right.  While spending millions for coaches to sit on couches and draw double paychecks and abandoning the Rock Hill complex, the man is a colossal screw up.  He has ego and money where brains should be.  Dangerous

I am totally on his side in the Rock Hill debacle but thats the only thing out of his tenure. He is just too impatient. He has been in positions to become a winner and fumbled every time.

now, even if i pull out of the rockhill deal ima gonna do it myself somewhere else tho.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Might be wise for him to remember though that it's not like the team is exactly growing its fanbase in their current status.

Are the Panthers really in a position to take any fans for granted?

A lot of those in the G-SP area have turned to the Falcons the past few years and a lot of those in the Low Country follow Florida teams.

4 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

A lot of those in the G-SP area have turned to the Falcons the past few years and a lot of those in the Low Country follow Florida teams.

15+ years ago when I lived in Charleston, it was easier to find an ATL or JAX game on TV than it was to see a Panthers game.  

10 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Or they just don't care about the NFL at all and only follow college, which feels like the majority of SCians.