• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't feel bad for Young

Jmac

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

There are four QBs playing right now. Two rookies. Every one of the four look head and shoulders above Brice in every category. Big time fug up from the panthers. 

I also think those 4 QBs have better receivers and coaches who have helped make things easier. 

The Giants don't have a great o-line, but they are giving DeVito more time than Bryce usually has....also I don't know if we have a receiver other than Thielen that makes the catch the Giants receiver did in the tweet.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Of course most of the answers are about money.

I'm starting to think most of the sub are just broke in real life. These players play a dangerous game they deserve to be well paid. Money is not why I don't feel bad for Bryce.

I don't feel bad for Bryce, because he had us fooled during the combine. All we had was his game tape. If he throws at the combine and we see his lack of arm talent there is no way we draft him. He fooled us by skipping out on the combine hiding his lack of arm strength. For that I can never feel sorry for the kid.

We saw lack of arm talent at his pro day and people chose to ignore it.. all anyone was talking about is how he orchestrated it and ignored the fact he was throwing ducks

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep.Same with guys like Matt Leinart.

Bryce will be calling college games or the QB coach at Alabama or a college analyst. He'll have plenty of opportunities off the field or he can just kick back and enjoy the money. 

Have you seen his press conferences? How can anyone think he will be talking in any capacity for a living.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I also think those 4 QBs have better receivers and coaches who have helped make things easier. 

The Giants don't have a great o-line, but they are giving DeVito more time than Bryce usually has....also I don't know if we have a receiver other than Thielen that makes the catch the Giants receiver did in the tweet.

You might want to check which of the O-Lines has allowed more sacks this season. Psst ... it's not the Panthers. And no, the NYG do not have better WRs. It's okay to admit some no name Yank is playing better than Bryce. It won't hurt your Panthers Fan cred.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, MechaZain said:

If he’s anywhere near what he was hyped up to be then he’s going to work his ass off this offseason and just maybe, with halfway competent coaching, he’ll rise to the occasion. 

The knock was that he’s never had to overcome real adversity. Well now he’s got it. Time to see whether everything about his work ethic and studiousness was bullpoo too.

I thought the knock was he doesn’t have NFL talent. Arm strength is not sufficient, athleticism is average at best, definitely height is an issue. Lack of it.

7 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Have you seen his press conferences? How can anyone think he will be talking in any capacity for a living.

He’ll do game day after some media training and be fine. 

The Golden Calf of Bristol couldn’t even read when he was at Florida and I know this from one of his tutors who’s a doctor at the same hospital where I work. Functionally illiterate. And he’s passable now.  

only thing that matters for game day is the fan base you bring with you.

He’ll probably do great on dancing with the stars if they can find a girl small enough to be his partner. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Ive said for weeks its fuging embarrassing that A) he is the face of the franchise and more importantly B) that motherfuger hoodwinked someone worth 20 billion.  

The kid has um, you know, never taken a public speaking class and uh, you know thats on him, so uh, you know he just has to keep, you know working and just getting better

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Of course most of the answers are about money.

I'm starting to think most of the sub are just broke in real life. These players play a dangerous game they deserve to be well paid. Money is not why I don't feel bad for Bryce.

I don't feel bad for Bryce, because he had us fooled during the combine. All we had was his game tape. If he throws at the combine and we see his lack of arm talent there is no way we draft him. He fooled us by skipping out on the combine hiding his lack of arm strength. For that I can never feel sorry for the kid.

Don't kid yourself, most of the world is two missed pay cheques away from poverty. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. His goal was to get paid. He did it. 

I agree. He chose not to throw at the combine. That's 100% on him. He made a business decision. He got what he was shooting for -- being drafted Number One.

Financially, he'll be fine. He apparently is a good person so he should have a nice life ahead of him.

That said, I didn't see an elite arm at Alabama. And I still haven't seen one. Good luck to him.

• Beer 1