• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora Hearing that Scott will be Gone

Panthercougar68

One possible clue in the other direction...

Darin Gantt's latest "Ask the Old Guy" article mentions the take that the defense and special teams part of the roster looks fine as opposed to the offense.

This is the take previously that, along with some of what Dianna Russini said, made me think Tepper could use this as a reason to keep Scott Fitterer around.

Personnel evaluation aside, I don't think you can do that because of what happened with Reich.

But Tepper might not agree...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

One possible clue in the other direction...

Darin Gantt's latest "Ask the Old Guy" article mentions the take that the defense and special teams part of the roster looks fine as opposed to the offense.

This is the take previously that, along with some of what Dianna Russini said, made me think Tepper could use this as a reason to keep Scott Fitterer around.

Personnel evaluation aside, I don't think you can do that because of what happened with Reich.

But Tepper might not agree...

If Tepper keeps Fitterer than he might as well just hire one of the current coaches to be the new HC and keep everything else the same.  If he not replacing the GM and not hiring someone to oversee everything than there is no point of making any more changes. It will fail and a year from now we are talking about another new HC and another losing season. 

• Beer 2

On 12/12/2023 at 12:33 PM, Waldo said:

Then why is he still here? Why not begin the hiring process on the GM side now?

I have no idea how keeping SF helps any master plan if he is going to just be around for a couple more weeks. This just sounds like pure speculation from a source. I wish it is true but that doesn't make it true unfortunately. 

Only thing I can think of is Tepper wants to spread the firings out so it doesn't worsen his optics. He is really delusional enough to think that because he's rich he's smarter than the average working class fan. Just fire another one of the guys you hired because it was a dumb decision, move on and try again. I don't even trust him to hire the right consultant to make decisions for him lol 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Only thing I can think of is Tepper wants to spread the firings out so it doesn't worsen his optics. He is really delusional enough to think that because he's rich he's smarter than the average working class fan. Just fire another one of the guys you hired because it was a dumb decision, move on and try again. I don't even trust him to hire the right consultant to make decisions for him lol 

Who knows. Tepper hasn't done anything close to that kind of approach. At best he gave SF until the end of the year to prove it with the other dagger weilders but even that is more strategy than he usually uses. It's I'm the smartest, repeat what he was sold and then go off with anger on not making it happen over and over again.

• Beer 1

On 12/12/2023 at 12:27 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

No, not @Mr. Scot that bum, but it sounds like Fitterer will be on his way out. I think it’s gonna be a hard reset with everyone in the building and it’s needed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/12/12/mike-tomlin-job-steelers-coach/

IMG_7705.jpeg

Fwiw, nowhere in that did he say he heard Fitterer would be gone.  He just expects it, as do most of us.

14 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fwiw, nowhere in that did he say he heard Fitterer would be gone.  He just expects it, as do most of us.

“It’s going to be both there” said one personnel executive…who knows many individuals involved in that decision.”
The exec was literally talking to Jason…

Edited by Panthercougar68