• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora Hearing that Scott will be Gone

Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Then why is he still here? Why not begin the hiring process on the GM side now?

I have no idea how keeping SF helps any master plan if he is going to just be around for a couple more weeks. This just sounds like pure speculation from a source. I wish it is true but that doesn't make it true unfortunately. 

Do GMs historically get fired in season? The last one off the top of my head was Marty almost a decade ago.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SuperBowlBound said:

I’ll keep reiterating it - Tepper had better not retain 1 single person in that front office. Keeping anyone associated with this comedy of errors will show he hasn’t learned a damn thing. 

Thats quite unrealistic

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Do GMs historically get fired in season? The last one off the top of my head was Marty almost a decade ago.

I think it doesn't happen because there aren't really any improvements that can be made for an in-season firing.  All the GMs duties have already taken place and day-to-day roster manipulating is almost non existent.

Did the NFL hiring changes for HC also impact when a GM can be hired?  I know for HC, it can't be until after the divisional round of the playoffs.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if Fitterer is fired it won't matter if both the Tepper's do not remove themselves from the process and hire someone that actually knows what they are doing and will tell them to butt out.

I agree with you here. But I don't think the Tepper's will even interview much less hire anyone that would be willing to tell them to butt out.

• Beer 1