• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: On Tepper, Matt Rhule vs Bill Belichick Mentality, CAR's Failures @ Coaching CMC, Sam Darnold Lack of Accountability

Saca312

22 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Wake me when Dak wins more than 1 game in the playoffs. Every year is their year, yet they keep flaming out when it matters most.

This is the way I interpreted what he was saying. Dak is fantastic when everything is bouncing his way. He’s played poorly in the playoffs the few times he’s been there. He is playing fantastic this year in large part due to the defense holding teams to under 20 almost every week allowing them to run the score up. He completely folded in the Arizona and 49ers games. 

It is hard to recall a time recently where Dak has taken over and won the Cowboys a close game. I would say the Seattle game this year but Pete Carrol made some very questionable calls going for it on 4th down twice around mid field with under 5 minutes left in the 4th.

• Pie 4

27 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I maintain to this day that hiring Dave Gettleman kept this team from a Super Bowl win. Absolute trash GM who blew holes in our roster because of ego, couldn't draft for anything, and apparently tried to impose dress codes on players (???). Absolutely baffling.

I dont care that we just came off a super bowl, releasing an all pro corner out of spite instead of trading him should have been a fireable offense. Could have easily gotten atleast a 1st rounder for him.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

"Belichick knew which player's girl was pregnant. He knew which player's side girl was out of pocket."

I found that funny.

There was a rumor years ago that Joe Horn had slept with Willie Roaf's wife.

Today there was a tweet saying Horn had actually fathered a child with one of his teammates wives but didn't mention the name.

True? Don't know.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Shaqil915 said:

I dont care that we just came off a super bowl, releasing an all pro corner out of spite instead of trading him should have been a fireable offense. Could have easily gotten atleast a 1st rounder for him.  

Richardson made that call. 

You are correct, bad call...

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One response I saw was that Newton never had back to back winning seasons while Prescott's never had a losing season.

I'd call that more of an organizatioal thing. It is also true though that Prescott still has a chance to change that,

And of course, they never include Cam’s rushing when comparing stats. 

It will always be worst 15-1 team with the worst MVP. Ridiculous.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Cam tells it like it is. I miss him being our QB. I miss watching a panthers game and even though we’d lose half the time we at least had the chance to beat anyone on any given Sunday. 

Now it’s like hey, I know we’re going to lose, but which new and innovative way will it be this week? Bryce Young throws 4 pick 6’s? A blocked kickoff somehow?

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I just think it’s Bullshit that Cam is getting roasted for saying exactly what the Colin Cowherds and Skip Bayless’ of the world say everyday on ESPN or Radio and they don’t get the backlash.

I don’t agree with what he said about Dak, but the attacks back at Cam have been personal and nothing about Football.

Thats been the case since he entered the league. People, and even the panthers fan base, continue to talk about laptops, towel over head, me-first attitudes, won’t jump on a fumble, dressing like a girl, and only having one good year. Cam knows this and probably trolls these folks on purpose, and he’s allowed to do that, but somehow he’s not allowed to. 

• Pie 1

What a GREAT interview.  I love Cam Newton!  While I don't always agree with him, he's always 100% authentic.  When he said he would love to be President of Football...I was like, YES!  YES!  100 times YES!!!

Look, Cam is very polarizing in the media and fan base (which he admits was purposeful), but he also has super high emotional intelligence and is fantastic at forging interpersonal relationships.  I think Cam would actually be really great in keeping the football side of things separate from Tepper.  Cam is the alpha dog in franchise history.

I mean, sure there's a LOT of risk, but so is allowing Tepper full access to meddling with his football team...  Maybe I'm just really tired but man, that sounds like such a GREAT idea!!!

• Pie 3