• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please...not Bill Belichick

Jmac

Rumor has it that Teppers going after him. That's exactly what they need. A 71 year old man to ignite a fire in this team. s/

It sounds like something that Tepper would do. WTF is it with this guy. He never learns. Just a never ending pattern of stupid moves to further malign the team.

We can only hope that Belichik would say no if targeted. I couldn't stomach two or three seasons with that man as HC.

• Pie 3

It would be Seifert 2.0.  

it’s why you study history kids.  

Its 2023.  We need to hire a new young age coach for the new NFL.   They don’t have to be 20.  It doesn’t need to be a 70+ year old defensive coach that was great elsewhere and done all he is ever going to do in the NFL already. 

would he improve us? Sure. So would bringing John Fox out of retirement or rehiring Rivera.  Bar is on the literal floor. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

Belichik would immediately be the best coach in our history, but not sure he has the energy left to do what needs to be done. He would have been a good hire after Ron, but not sure about now. 

Best coach in our history?

Unless he reaches a SB he will never be the best HC in our history. This dude is overrated if we being honest. Sucks at drafting and he hasn't proved he can contend without Brady.

Oh yeah and he's 71! Hell to the NO!

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If BB goes somewhere, it will be a place like the Chargers.  A team with a qb, some talent, in need of a proven winner.

I'm not sure anywhere like that would take him. I feel like he will have to go somewhere like Washington, Carolina, maybe one of the other NFC South jobs.

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Best coach in our history?

Unless he reaches a SB he will never be the best HC in our history. This dude is overrated if we being honest. Sucks at drafting and he hasn't proved he can contend without Brady.

Oh yeah and he's 71! Hell to the NO!

The logic of that doesn’t compute. I didn’t say he would have the best record, especially in the first year or two, but he would be the best coach we have ever had. He is better than Capers, Fox, or Rivera. No other fan base would even debate that. 

That said, not sure he has the energy to take this program through the next 3-4 years to get back to where we need to go. 

Edited by Wolfcop

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

The logic of that doesn’t compute. I didn’t say he would have the best record, especially in the first year or two, but he would be the best coach we have ever had. He is better than Capers, Fox, or Rivera. No other fan base would even debate that. 

That said, not sure he has the energy to take this program through the next 3-4 years to get back to where we need to go. 

He's not better though. You just going off what he did with Brady. He has legit looked below average since Brady left.

He's also 71 it's not like he has these new ideas of finding ways to improve as a HC. I don't want any part of that guy coming here. We already tried the older HC with younger roster thing. It didn't work. BB is even older than Frank.