• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game ball! Who gets it?

Carl Spackler

Game ball! Who gets it?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the game ball?

• Chuba Hubbard
    • Xavier Woods
    • Bryce Young
    • Eddy Pineiro
    • Adam Thielen
    • Tommy Tremble

Defense. 

I know the conditions were terrible and not conducive to throwing the ball, and I know Desmond Ridder and Arthur Smith are ass, but collectively holding them to 200 yards and one score when for most of the day the offense wasn’t giving them time to rest at all was an impressive display. 

Happy Bryce has some good throws on the final drive and the offense did what it needed, but even in the rainy conditions, no one on offense deserves games balls when they only mustered 9 points. Chuba would probably be the closest to deserving. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, The Natural said:

He's not an option but shout out to Chark for that incredible sideline grab on the game winning drive.

Yeah I considered putting him for that play but opted to stick to a smaller list of options -- besides, everybody's gonna vote Pineiro, even if I added Chark and Luvu.

But tbh, Woods has a case for DPOW.

• Pie 1

The snapper and holder on the field goal attempts for snapping the ball in such poor conditions where it needed to be, and having sure hands and setting the ball correctly so Eddie could make the field goals. If you never been a long snapper todays weather is terrible is making sure you get it to the holder with the right spin and location.

• Pie 2

Its Hubbard, then everyone else.  The defense as a whole stood out, but the only individual player I might choose would be Brown.  We shut down Atlanta's run game, and he was a critical part of that.  

On the last drive, Hubbard pushed the pile on one first down, and then ploughed for another, and those two plays were, along with Chark's catch, the critical plays of the game.  Plus we had around 300 yards of offense today, and Hubbard was responsible for more than a third of it.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Its Hubbard, then everyone else.  The defense as a whole stood out, but the only individual player I might choose would be Brown.  We shut down Atlanta's run game, and he was a critical part of that.  

On the last drive, Hubbard pushed the pile on one first down, and then ploughed for another, and those two plays were, along with Chark's catch, the critical plays of the game.  Plus we had around 300 yards of offense today, and Hubbard was responsible for more than a third of it.  

I don't disagree, but the snapper and the holder never get any love. Today's weather made it even harder to do it right.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Defense. 

I know the conditions were terrible and not conducive to throwing the ball, and I know Desmond Ridder and Arthur Smith are ass, but collectively holding them to 200 yards and one score when for most of the day the offense wasn’t giving them time to rest at all was an impressive display. 

Happy Bryce has some good throws on the final drive and the offense did what it needed, but even in the rainy conditions, no one on offense deserves games balls when they only mustered 9 points. Chuba would probably be the closest to deserving. 

Not sure I would even call them 'good' on the whole. It was one of the best drives for sure but damn did those balls travel slowly. The reads were good and I'd be more inclined to give leeway for the weather of his throws didn't look like that when it was dry too. His arm is just not good at this point.

6 minutes ago, cmichd08 said:

I don't disagree, but the snapper and the holder never get any love. Today's weather made it even harder to do it right.

Could you imagine the coach going to the locker room and handing the game ball to the long snapper???  Come on man.  

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Not sure I would even call them 'good' on the whole. It was one of the best drives for sure but damn did those balls travel slowly. The reads were good and I'd be more inclined to give leeway for the weather of his throws didn't look like that when it was dry too. His arm is just not good at this point.

Yeah maybe it was the wind/rain but those passes looked awful. The only one that looked anything like a deliberate NFL caliber throw was the amazing catch by Chark

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

He was throwing against massive wind gusts in the rain.  I know some of them didn't look rifled in there but you are throwing against the wind and also trying to make the ball as catchable as possible in the pouring rain.  Cam Newton throwing lasers in that weather wouldn't work either.

Ridder had several throws that were dropped that he put too much mustard on given the conditions...

I think you are massively underestimating how hard it would be to balance throwing the ball with touch in these conditions and fighting the elements.  Every single player and coach knows how impressive that final drive was... it's amazing the amount of hate people can have against something so beautiful...

LOL literally eveyone talked about how Cam could never throw with touch a decade ago... I'm convinced so many people here just don't want to be happy.