• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer - the athletic

mrcompletely11

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Still think the bad needs to include making Sam Darnold THE plan.  Picking up his 5th year for no reason. 

Keeping Darnold and Wilks would have been a positive move.

I will say it for the 10 millionth time, Sam Darnold's two head coaches have been ADAM GASE and MATT RHULE, neither of whom are coaching in the NFL right now because they were so bad as head coaches. 

I'd take Darnold and Wilks over whatever it is we had this year and what we had this year was Tepper's master plan.

Lastly, Tepper is at fault here. He is the one who tells Fitterer what he wants and Fitterer just executes whatever in whatever way. You don't come from a place like Seattle and do what Fitterer has been alleged to do without some input or force (i.e. Tepper).

23 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Keeping Darnold and Wilks would have been a positive move.

I will say it for the 10 millionth time, Sam Darnold's two head coaches have been ADAM GASE and MATT RHULE, neither of whom are coaching in the NFL right now because they were so bad as head coaches. 

I'd take Darnold and Wilks over whatever it is we had this year and what we had this year was Tepper's master plan.

Lastly, Tepper is at fault here. He is the one who tells Fitterer what he wants and Fitterer just executes whatever in whatever way. You don't come from a place like Seattle and do what Fitterer has been alleged to do without some input or force (i.e. Tepper).

Sam Darnold is not a NFL QB.  He is pointless.  

I'd take PJ Walker and Wilks over what we had this year.  That doesn't make PJ Walker not pointless. 

I don't buy Tepper is the one telling Fitterer everything to do.   I think Fitterer is selling Tepper on a lot of this stuff.  It's why Tepper's defense of stupidity often sounds very GM-like in it's reasoning.  People keep excusing Fitt.  It was all Rhule.  Now it's all Tepper.  Odds are a lot of it is just Fitterer being a bad GM and him having bad advice for Tepper

• Pie 5

There are a few people around here who consistently make excuses for Fitt, usually along the lines of "Rhule had final say and Tepper meddles".

Just because you read some article talking about Rhule having final say and micromanaging doesn't mean they are coming up with all of the bad ideas.  

Think about all of the bad decisions that have been made the past few years between free agency, trades and draft pick, do you honestly think none of those were Fitt's ideas?

Even if a coach has final say the GM is usually the one presenting the choices to the coach.

Let's say the coach wants a new player at a certain position, the GM presents what he thinks are good options to the coach and the coach then decides which one.  Do you honestly think the GM is presenting a player to the coach he thinks is terrible.

Same with Tepper, do people honestly think he is the one out there scouting these players, If he is deciding on a QB it's based on the info he has been given.  If Tepper really liked Young more than Stroud I would guess it's because the people around him convinced him he was better, at the very least extremely close.

• Pie 1

Idk on one hand I do see where Fitt has made mistakes, but I can also appreciate that he is aggressive in attaining the HC's vision. I think that's partially why he looks bad, because Rhule wanted ass players, and he got them for him. 

Historically our GM's have been conservative with the purse, or always trying to find some hidden gem draftee. Or kicking needs down the road, Scott at least at attempts to address them.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Idk on one hand I do see where Fitt has made mistakes, but I can also appreciate that he is aggressive in attaining the HC's vision. I think that's partially why he looks bad, because Rhule wanted ass players, and he got them for him. 

Historically our GM's have been conservative with the purse, or always trying to find some hidden gem draftee. Or kicking needs down the road, Scott at least at attempts to address them.

What visions? Rhule never had one.  Neither did Frank.  Everything is this no man's land of claiming to rebuild and win now at the same time.    

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Do y’all actually think Tepper wasn’t part of these decisions?

I think everyone acknowledges he is in on these decisions. 

Some are trying to point out that Scott Fitterer likely is a person that is putting some of these bad ideas on the table that get carried out.  Some of it is Tepper just co-signing what his bad employees are telling him they should do.  Scott is one of those. 

• Pie 3

It starts with your GM.  Get a better GM in the building and then Dave's decisions are going to look better.  EVEN if Dave says "We need to get x type of player" A better GM with better scouting department can get the actual player we need, not a USFL standout that never translated to the NFL.

3 hours ago, jamos14 said:

Joe says he is still asking for $30M a season.  No chance we should pay him that.  No chance we can let him walk either.

Tag and trade OR negotiate a much better deal than $30M.   

I’m so glad we thought through all the future scenarios like Bosa’s deal or what was our limit was BEFORE we decided not to fleece the Rams. Fitterer is truly a joke.

• Pie 1