• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign Burns already

Frank9999

Every player we have given away over the last year has backfired on us (Mayfield, Moore, McCaffrey).  And yet this fanbase still wants to move on from Burns.  Yeah let's continue to feed the rest of the teams in the NFL.  It has worked out well for us so far.

Edited by Mage

I’ll get flamed I’m sure but checking out on your team who needs you badly shows that your bank account matters more than annything else. I don’t want quitters on my team, and I’m sure his team mates don’t think too highly of it either. 

Burns has put money over his team. This shows me that he doesn’t seem to care if his team loses on not. It’s the loser mentality that we don’t need. 

we have a laundry list of people who played for this team that were 10x the player Burns could ever be, that played every snap like their life depended on it. Contract issues or not. They were winners. We need winners. 

The best predictor of future events is past events. 

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, BrianS said:

You're going through a lot of mental gymnastics to make it look like CMC was a 10M a year player for us and he wasn't.  If we kept him, he would have cost us 16M (average) per year - there is no getting around that.  

In terms of THIS year, it would have cost us 2M LESS (18M versus 16M) to keep him than trade him.  Next year we save 16M versus keeping him.

Sorry but you are doing the mental gymnastics. We have already sunk costs on CMC which is why we have all the dead cap. That money was already paid to CMC and is gone and was going to hit our cap no matter if we traded him or not.

When we were deciding on trading CMC, what matters? That amount of dead cap couldn’t go away so the only thing that matters was if the “new money” we’d pay CMC plus his actual play on the field was worth more than the draft picks we’d get.

My posts have been solely about trade decisions and not worrying about dead cap which has no bearing on it. New money was exactly the same as SF is paying. So again, the choices were:

1) Keep CMC - we’d have to pay him $10M in new cap hit money (same as SF) and we wouldn’t get the mid 2nd round pick value but he would be our starting RB.

2) Trade CMC - we would save the $10M per year in cap space and we would receive mid 2nd round pick value but he would not be our starting RB.

We chose #2 and Fitterer fuged it up more because he did poo with the picks and he signed Sanders to an expensive deal. In the end we saved a couple million a year and got far worse RB play from Sanders.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Mage said:

Every player we have given away over the last year has backfired on us (Mayfield, Moore, McCaffrey).  And yet this fanbase still wants to move on from Burns.  Yeah let's continue to feed the rest of the teams in the NFL.  It has worked out well for us so far.

We let go of the wrong people. Either we should have done a complete reboot or traded only Burns. He would have gotten us trade value more than the rest combined and the cap amounts to keep CMC and Moore are equivalent to keeping Burns. The other huge benefit is that you are keeping players that would be immensely helpful to keep the D honest which helped Young and the OL.

I would much rather have DJ, CMC and 2 1sts and 1 2nd than Burns and probably about a 1st round pick (we already wasted it).

The only reason to sign Burns is if we have someone willing to immediately trade for him in the offseason. If not, it's time to let him go and get compensatory picks for him.

He's been underwhelming for the past two seasons and never hit the vaunted potential people saw in him. Yeah, the Spider-man thing is mighty cool but he is really at his best as Edge2 on a team. Without someone else to tie up resources, he's just not strong enough or motivated enough to win contests on a regular basis.

Sorry, wish it was different, but there it is. He went from 53 to 0 and in more than just jersey numbers here.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I don’t think he’s worth anywhere close to that, but after the way Fitterer has handled the situation, I certainly don’t blame him for asking for it. 

Declining that trade just threw all of Carolina's leverage out the window. It is still.mind-boggling that it happened that way.

• Pie 1

Burns has been underwhelming? What the fug do you consider what we haven't had across from him for years. 

A single pass rusher can't do it alone.  So let's ship him off and have none. Great fuging idea. Yet the masses are all chirping it as if they have no fuging clue. 

Anyways, this debate is pointless anyways, because Burns isn't going anywhere.  Doesn't matter how load Y'all cry. 

22 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I’ll get flamed I’m sure but checking out on your team who needs you badly shows that your bank account matters more than annything else. I don’t want quitters on my team, and I’m sure his team mates don’t think too highly of it either. 

Burns has put money over his team. This shows me that he doesn’t seem to care if his team loses on not. It’s the loser mentality that we don’t need. 

we have a laundry list of people who played for this team that were 10x the player Burns could ever be, that played every snap like their life depended on it. Contract issues or not. They were winners. We need winners. 

The best predictor of future events is past events. 

He's done this in what world you live in?  

Don't bother responding. 

I am for trading him if we can get a first minimum. Use that money on Brown and Luvu (maybe YGM on a cheap deal) and you get an extra pick. We just have a lot of holes and can’t afford to tie up that kind of money to one player on defense. If DJax can get us a 2nd or 3rd I’d move on from him too. We need to flip some players for picks so our new staff can build this team the way they want.