• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We looked like an NFL team pie

TheBigKat

28 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’m glad Bryce finally had a good game, I just keep wondering, why did it happen now? Ideal playing conditions against a bad pass defense? What clicked? Pressure off since the team is beyond buried this season?

Having a run game, better coaching and scheme but I can't stress how much at least average guard and center play has been a game changer. 

We've started 9 different guys at guard this year.  Cade Mays stepping up at LG and getting Gabe Jackson to hold it down RG.  We started keeping a TE and Rb in to help blocking a lot more giving Bryce more time.  

So why now?  If I have to pick the biggest one, it's guard play.  You could even see the early season panthers during the first 2 drives with Nash Jension in at RG getting blown up every play.  

Edited by Loyalty4Life
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I have been most impressed with the improvement of Cade Mays and the coaching staff changes since Frank left.

Coaches running that dumb zone blocking scheme with huge offensive lineman that didn’t fit.  I believe they changed the scheme back when Frank left. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I’m glad Bryce finally had a good game, I just keep wondering, why did it happen now? Ideal playing conditions against a bad pass defense? What clicked? Pressure off since the team is beyond buried this season?

Packers defend ehas been bad the last 3 week.

They've given up career days to Mayfield, Devito, and Bryce.

That said, I'm glad we took advantage of it and I felt like Bryce threw a better ball today.

• Pie 1