• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Dave Tepper willing to pay $15 million for Ben Jonson

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

So the fifth head coach in 3 years is something to get excited about? 

Complete clown show. 

Not sure I agree with the 5 HCs in 3 years thing, even though it is correct in theory (or 6 coaches with all 3 interim coaches accounted for).

Tepper didn’t make any changes initially in year 1, but it was time for Ron to go. I think I’ve read that he let Ron go early to give him a head start for other openings.

He held on to Rhule for too long, I don’t know who can argue against letting him go.

He wanted Ben, but had to settle for Frank as Ben said no to all teams (not just Panthers). I also don’t know how you can argue against letting Frank go, he was an absolute disaster.

So Tepper has hired 2 HCs in 5 years, both bad hires I might add, but it’s not like he’s churning through new hires every year.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

Not sure I agree with the 5 HCs in 3 years thing, even though it is correct in theory (or 6 coaches with all 3 interim coaches accounted for).

Tepper didn’t make any changes initially in year 1, but it was time for Ron to go. I think I’ve read that he let Ron go early to give him a head start for other openings.

He held on to Rhule for too long, I don’t know who can argue against letting him go.

He wanted Ben, but had to settle for Frank as Ben said no to all teams (not just Panthers). I also don’t know how you can argue against letting Frank go, he was an absolute disaster.

So Tepper has hired 2 HCs in 5 years, both bad hires I might add, but it’s not like he’s churning through new hires every year.

He could have settled for stechein but they completely and utterly fuged it up

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

So the fifth head coach in 3 years is something to get excited about? 

Complete clown show. 

It's laughable to include interim head coaches. EVERYONE wanted Rivera fired before Tepper even touched this team.

Tepper has hired 2 coaches total. Half this board was riding Reich and wanting to move on from Wilks as much as half of y'all will deny it.

Everyone was ticked he gave Rhule 2 1/2 years, now everyone says he fires people too quickly because Reich was obviously a crapshow.

I think he's done a terrible job, but I'm not going to throw out ridiculous numbers to prove that point.

• Pie 2

My view is that the team needs stability over anything else right now. Even if we miss out on the hot hires this cycle, there are  new hot hires every season. 

If we finish out the season on an upswing but blow it all up again, we will be repeating the same mistake we made last season.

If we would have signed Wilkes for a 1 or 2 year contract, signed Brown, Evero, and whomever else is responsible for our reincarnation, this year would have gone much better overall. Bryce wouldn’t have had his brains beat in all year and he could be much further along. I believe Wilkes would have objected to Young over Stroud, but he would have at least tried, unlike Frank. He definitely wouldn’t have tolerated the crap Burns has pulled. 

If Wilkes ends up being the one, then great. If it looks like we need to go another direction, at least we show potential candidates we’re not a complete clown show and land ourself an actual good coach for a change. 

Give the players, coaches and fans some stability. 

14 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:Because it’s been so widely reported how all in he is on him, it's gonna be so obvious that if he doesn't get him that whoever he hires instead is a second option lol.

Coaches are big boys. They don’t need the princess treatment and to feel like they are Tepper’s ‘one and only’ true love to perform.

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not exactly what Anderson is saying here.

Despite acknowledging the agent disputing the figure she says she trusts her sources, but also gives herself an out by saying "market rates and leverage points will evolve" through negotiations.

Yeah, I'm going to have to hit every link TSJ posts before I respond. He takes a generous amount of license with information and drawing conclusions. That said, I don't think Tepper's going to be outbid.

While it would have been great to have Steichen, Tepper isn't the first nor will he be the last boss to pass on a candidate because of an interview. Plenty of people are very skilled and just don't interview well.

I personally think too much emphasis is placed on interviews in the working world--it leaves you open to smooth talkers who are empty suits and could also make you miss high performers just because they don't have the gift of gab.

Interviews are the equivalent of standardized tests IMO...they tell you very little, and less than track records of performance.

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

While it would have been great to have Steichen, Tepper isn't the first nor will he be the last boss to pass on a candidate because of an interview. Plenty of people are very skilled and just don't interview well.

I personally think too much emphasis is placed on interviews in the working world--it leaves you open to smooth talkers who are empty suits and could also make you miss high performers just because they don't have the gift of gab.

Interviews are the equivalent of standardized tests IMO...they tell you very little, and less than track records of performance.

for me it was A) why they past on him, B)how they past on him and C)when they past on him.  None of it made sense and I said so at the time and was blasted because folks were saying zoom interview are the new normal.  Sure maybe for a standard IT position but not for a head coach in the middle of a playoff run and being hammered with questions from 15 or however many people and some of those with little football knowledge.

In the nfl you dont give two fugs about an interview when your body of work looks like Steichin's

It stunk at the time and it stinks now and the teppers look again like fools

here is the now locked thread when it happened in real time.  Panther55 died on that bad interview hill it seems