• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Random article here for discussion: Panthers' Brian Burns addresses future amid another rough season

WarPanthers89

This is a random article I found while scrolling on insta today. While it does not say much at all, I figured it was a good topic to discuss amongst us being that he will be a headline this offseason. Although I don’t believe, and I am not in favor of top 3 pay, you would be a fool to think we are a better team without Burns, who hasn’t even hit is prime age yet. It’s a very tough call to move on from young, star talent. In the moment, it’s easy to think we are better off thanks to draft picks/cap, but then you look back a year and regret it (example: DJ Moore and CMC)

ARTICLE:

Brian Burns doesn't feel like moving, and the Panthers just might benefit from that impulse.

Carolina Panthers defensive end Brian Burns has expressed his desire to remain with the team that drafted him. His reason why is not one football players typically cite.

“Since I was young I just don't like change,” Burns told assembled media members on Wednesday when discussing his future with the Panthers, courtesy of ESPN's David Newton.

Burns is in his fifth season with Carolina since he was selected by the franchise in the first round of the 2019 draft. The team has won five, five, five, and seven games in his first four seasons with the team. They'll finish the 2023 season with no more than four wins.

The Panthers exercised the fifth-year contract option on Burns' rookie deal for this season, meaning he is set to hit unrestricted free agency in 2024.

Burns a believer in Panthers' future?

Despite the lack of success and having played for six different head coaches (including those under interim status) already, Burns is not eager to move on from the Panthers.

Is that because he believes in QB Bryce Young's development? Does Burns see opportunity in a less-than-stellar NFC South in the near-future?

Hearing from the star rusher, inertia is mostly to blame.

“I don't like starting over. It's just not — I mean I will. If I had to, I will. I can adapt to anything, but I just never liked it.

Even at Florida State, we started losing and all the (transfer) portal and sh*t was new, I didn't leave, you know what I mean? So I don't change like that. I like to stick it through.”

Not wanting to pack up and move is an impulse we can all relate to. For the Panthers, it might just ensure a Pro Bowl-caliber defender stays put in free agency despite a pending front office overhaul.

https://clutchpoints.com/panthers-news-brian-burns-future-another-rough-season?fbclid=IwAR17xjWuzTNwN4yQaL5B4DjLMn_jJYQto1UK1WVI_LdB7uaKIYWyEleDHHQ_aem_AZ5mNsysm6LJ0Wbl6PoT7fD-Nq6RcFGCLIC4CTmsGPzw509b03EdX-T1B94oJYHNLvI#lqr5g0c1f7nnpj4v3mt

IMG_3053.jpeg

21 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Although HE’S NOT Maxx Crosby

I’d be happy if he accepted this deal

Maxx Crosby signed a four year, $94 millioncontract with the Raiders on March 11, 2022. Crosby received $53 million in guarantees of which $26.515 million is fully guaranteed at signing.

I don’t know, man. He doesn’t do much in the way of stopping the run and now he doesn’t do much in pass rush, either. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Although HE’S NOT Maxx Crosby

I’d be happy if he accepted this deal

Maxx Crosby signed a four year, $94 millioncontract with the Raiders on March 11, 2022. Crosby received $53 million in guarantees of which $26.515 million is fully guaranteed at signing.

The Big Agent Kat.

Get this deal done please!

• Pie 1