• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

game day thread....just in case you're watching

rayzor

Just now, WUnderhill said:

I don’t think he works on his own to get better, and I think he also probably doesn’t catch on to things quickly. Speculation on my part, but I’ve seen some OL guys speculate the same, that he didn’t work on his craft in the off-season. He should still be better than he is even doing the bare minimum, which is why I say he probably doesn’t catch onto things quickly. Needs a lot of repetition on form and technique and he ain’t doing it.

He went to NCST so that doesn’t surprise me he isn’t able to understand a playbook 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If only he had Glass. Where is he at??

He's signed & developing under DeFilippo. The same QB coach who elevated Josh McCown, Mark Sanchez, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Gardner Minshew, Josh Dobbs & Justin Fields over the past decade. He's working with Glass now. That's your update. Patience.

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t think he works on his own to get better, and I think he also probably doesn’t catch on to things quickly. Speculation on my part, but I’ve seen some OL guys speculate the same, that he didn’t work on his craft in the off-season. He should still be better than he is even doing the bare minimum, which is why I say he probably doesn’t catch onto things quickly. Needs a lot of repetition on form and technique and he ain’t doing it.

Jeff Otah got the lazy moniker and basically  fizzled out of the league but was actually a halfway decent tackle for us. Maybe it’s not work ethic but that Ickey just isn’t good. He was a projection pick but maybe he is just suited to play guard.