• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Backers

RumHam

14 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

It's fairly pointless arguing with Bryce haters too... Cause y'all constantly have a reason to blame everything on Bryce...

And for the record, some of us arent necessarily trying to make the case that we are Bryce Young fans, but more so the fact that we have more realistic expectations then some the Bryce haters who thinks this is Madden and he is automatically going to an all-pro in year 1 but yet, continues to use the same bull excuse, " Well CJ is playing better" crap.

If it was any other rookie QB, and they were struggling, I would still give them more than a year to show promise.

It’s not that everything is Bryce’s fault.  I don’t think many people are making that claim.  It’s that he hasn’t shown any potential of being a good QB in the league.  Yes, the team is garbage.  He could use better receivers and a better offensive line.  But every single play is not some unwinnable situation where he can’t do anything.

Bryce flashes moments of NFL competence.  They are not franchise QB type flashes.  Yes he has made some good throws.  But you would be hard pressed to find other QBs in the NFL that cannot do that.  We have had some real garbage level QB play the last few years and almost all of them have had their moments.  

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It’s not that everything is Bryce’s fault.  I don’t think many people are making that claim.  It’s that he hasn’t shown any potential of being a good QB in the league.  Yes, the team is garbage.  He could use better receivers and a better offensive line.  But every single play is not some unwinnable situation where he can’t do anything.

Bryce flashes moments of NFL competence.  They are not franchise QB type flashes.  Yes he has made some good throws.  But you would be hard pressed to find other QBs in the NFL that cannot do that.  We have had some real garbage level QB play the last few years and almost all of them have had their moments.  

I cant understand the Bryce defenders.  He hasnt been a lifelong panther that should have alot of fan sentiment like Cam.  He was a First overall pick that was a reach and appears to be a massive miss.  Unless someone is a huge alabama fan there is no reason to look at him with so much loyalty.  Your point about our past garbage qbs making plays is dead on the money basically any qb starter or backup in the nfl could have played and showed as much as Bryce has this season.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Slowing this down and watching from this angle is really bad he had tons of open receivers and still delivered an inaccurate pass. 

Yeah it's awful.  Watched penix drop dime after dime last night (no I don't want him)

I'm not going to argue was pretty much a shite game from Bryce, you don't invest what you did in him and move off after a single season.  I know many of y'all are ready to draft ANYONE at 33, and I can't blame you for your frustrations.

The reality is that many rookie QBs struggle.  We were sold that Bryce was ready to be a great QB from the jump.  It hasn't happened, and we're bitter.  But we also sold the entire farm for Bryce.  You can't change that.  Before we determine if Bryce is a success or not, we need a GM, coach, and VP of Football ops.

Maybe things will be different next season, maybe they won't.  But we won't be drafting Bryce's replacement at 33.  First round rookie QBs tend to have a long leash before they get yanked.  We are in the Bryce Young experience for a good while longer.