• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey

jayboogieman

Man, if I could go back and pull receipts on all the people that wanted to kick Derrick Brown to the curb after a hideous soph.omore campaign.  The second year slump is real and Ickey has some darn good excuses given this dumpster fire organization otherwise known as the Charlotte Panthers.  <--- Intentional.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Just noticed your avatar, that explains a lot.... Interesting that you don't have such patience with our other young (no pun intended) players.

No it's not.  The main difference is Ickey has the tools, Bryce doesn't.  Ickey didn't get drafted based on the S2 test.  Also, I said I'll give it another year.  After next season if he plays this bad, he may well be a bust.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I'm reserving judgement until next season.  He's been bad this year, no doubt, but is it him or the circumstances?  He was one of the best rookie offensive linemen last season, but the OL was stable and he had veteran QBs then.  Now he has a revolving door at LG next to him and a rookie QB with no pocket awareness.

He was never good at pass blocking even as a rookie. When he played well last season we were mostly running the ball and passing on PA. He also had help most times he had to pass block. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

If its the 2nd round im only taking the kid from Washington if he falls or Jordan Morgan from AZ.

Theres a kid from Yale that's pretty solid, atleast by PFF standards however jacked they may be at times but he's solid in both pass and rush.  He's likely a round 3 guy though.  Guyton out of Oklahoma is gonna get overdrafted because of where he plays. I really don't like the kid out of BYU either but a lot of boards have him in the top 50-60. He's been very hit or miss this season.  It's gotta be a stud in the 2nd if were taking a LT hopeful. Don't go digging for diamonds there and don't overthink it. If it isn't the 2 guys I mentioned above im running to the podium with the highest graded WR and then looking to double back in 3 AND 4 for OL

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I'm reserving judgement until next season.  He's been bad this year, no doubt, but is it him or the circumstances?  He was one of the best rookie offensive linemen last season, but the OL was stable and he had veteran QBs then.  Now he has a revolving door at LG next to him and a rookie QB with no pocket awareness.

He was still horrible for half a season and they protected the hell out of him during the half he was good. 

34 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Ickey sucks even worse than Bryce. Bryce doesn’t make Ickey worse. Ickey makes Bryce worse. But yeah continue with the selective patience. 

This. You don’t give up 18 sacks and it be other people’s fault.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

I believe he needs to be playing LG and not tackle, where I once thought it was the zone scheme that Reich and Brown installed.  It's not - he's not fast enough to play tackle.

I also wonder who is "captaining" this o-line?  Are they even communicating with each other?  Usually a good center or guard, along with a veteran QB, can help the younger guys out by letting them know what may be coming but Ickey and Mays always have trouble with stunts/blitzes (and that goes for most of our offensive line as well).  We just suck.

• Pie 1